Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buy 2011 or Wait for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy 2011 or Wait for 2012?

Hey guys, im in the market for an Evolution. Was wondering if it would be wiser to wait for the 2012 model, and how long of a wait that might be. Also, any upcoming changes would be appreciated as well.

Also, if I do end up waiting, and there aren't any significant changes, what kind of price drops might we expect for 2011 GSRs still on lot?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:01 AM

i heard that the 2011's are gonna be the last evo model. And then there gonna make hybrid evos? idk haha
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hellothere
i heard that the 2011's are gonna be the last evo model. And then there gonna make hybrid evos? idk haha
Supposedly the current body will continue till 2013, but this can be discussed in the "Future/New Evo Section"

and new models for the next year general come out during the last quarter of the year... so after october.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:41 AM

Buy now price will only go up, infact buy 2 and stick one in a garage. I predict there price will hold like supra when they are stopped
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by yomama813
Buy now price will only go up, infact buy 2 and stick one in a garage. I predict there price will hold like supra when they are stopped
This could be very true depending on the future evo model. If the evo XI is a total bust from a performance standpoint, then the evo X's will def become the new supra.

If it turns out the new evo is is truely an evo, but with 300 lbs of torque available at zero rpm with s-awc and infinity mpg, then you can expect the evo X to devalue just as much as previous evo's. Maybe even more.

i highly doubt the new evo will suck that bad though. Its hard to make an ill performing car when it has S-awc. The second most advanced awd system in the world, next to nissan's ATTESA
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:05 AM

One way to go about this is... buy a 2011 in the next couple of months before the 2012 hits the lots. You will be able to negotiate a pretty good price as they will want to push them to make room for the 2012s.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
This could be very true depending on the future evo model. If the evo XI is a total bust from a performance standpoint, then the evo X's will def become the new supra.
If Mitsu changes the name (word on the street is that they are planning a new name) is all that we need for the Evo to hold its value and then creep up slowly in a few years
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jazket
If Mitsu changes the name (word on the street is that they are planning a new name) is all that we need for the Evo to hold its value and then creep up slowly in a few years
I strongly believe it will
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:31 PM

^ pipe dreams guys ^ call every dealer in your area and get pricing on the car/options. tell them x dealer said this and that. then go down and work some more. Not a lot of room to move on a car that just hit the lot. They are motivated to sell old stock since they borrowed $ on those cars and are paying interest on a car sitting on the lot.

Last edited by Evolutionn; Jul 18, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:01 AM

I read they were doing away with the evo completely and hadn't released if there would be a "hybrid" version. Has this changed? I know they said something about having a full line of hybrids by 2014?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by yomama813
LOL, I'd buy two... only if I had that kind of cash. But then again, I wouldn't mind waiting to see what the hybrids will look and feel like behind the wheel.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by jazket
Did you hear what the new name might be?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:01 AM

i agree, i think these evo 10"s are only going to go up in value, whos going to want a hybrid evo unless really can perform just aas well if not better. the hole reason i finally man-ed up and decided to spend the money on the car is cause i kno this car will be an investment one day, supras sell for double the value they were brand new. im hoping the same happens with these evos.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanM505
supras sell for double the value they were brand new. im hoping the same happens with these evos.
supras sell for 20-30... slightly less than new. I have yet to see any stock supras sell for 60k lol. Keep the dream alive though...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOXedOUT
Did you hear what the new name might be?
no idea... it was Road & Track... but I don't know whether to believe their BS

Quick Reply: Buy 2011 or Wait for 2012?