Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X sightlines: Any Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 5'6 and I can't even see the hood no matter how far forward I am positioned. But I drive a forklift and a yard truck around all day so I have pretty good judgement as far as blind spots go so I don't find it an issue really.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im 5'8 with a shorter upper body and look real low when drive, the only issue i really have is the left front piller being a blind spot when in the city, almost have ran people over haha
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kanweezy
Im 5'8 with a shorter upper body and look real low when drive, the only issue i really have is the left front piller being a blind spot when in the city, almost have ran people over haha
That's why our cars are loud so people hear us and get the hell out the way lol. I live in baltimore city which is one of the WORST cities to drive in anyways far as nasty roads, heavy traffic, and rudeeee people. So this is the cherry on top.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:52 PM

I concur on the A-pillar issue. I'm 5'7" and can see fairly well across the hood to the lines in the road but every now and then I have to lean into the corner turning just to see the curb angle.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:14 PM

I'm 5'9" and the A-pillars can get annoying at times. Most of the time I don't notice it, but they are larger than any other vehicle I've owned. The wing is definitely in the sight line, but doesn't bother me. It sits right at the roofline of the vehicle behind you making it difficult to see if it's a police car. Catch myself using the side mirror all the time to double check that.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

U guys complaining about the blind spots on the X, try test driving a hummer! Doesn't matter if it's h1, h2, or h3. That's thing barely has ur head up on the windows!

Anyways, a-pillar doesn't bother me, huge wing doesn't bother me...only coz I have a 350z and looking at the rear view mirror on that , u just literally see about a foot of line of sight....but it does it's job to which see my rear scene. My girl's sentra has bigger a-pillar even though the file of view is bigger, I have way more blind spots on that car than in my X.

And also, the image on the first post, the lines are skewed. I know that ur lining it up with the curb on the other side of the road...but that curb is not an indication of the incline/decline of the road.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:50 PM

6'8" and i find the only annoying thing is the wing happens to sit right on the horizon when i look in my rear view mirror, but other than that no problems.
i know im not really a fair comparison to most people who drive an evo, but im just saying that it doesnt matter how big u are, you will be able to see just fine
Old Nov 20, 2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by J.Sears
I'm 5'6 and I can't even see the hood no matter how far forward I am positioned. But I drive a forklift and a yard truck around all day so I have pretty good judgement as far as blind spots go so I don't find it an issue really.

You should write to (for?) Jeremy Clarkson @ Top Gear....

You have the right stuff, really

Last edited by Fast4AWD; Nov 20, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 03:58 PM

Do the aforementioned "situational awareness" issues (e.g. hoodline, noted above)
present any issue for parking // in the City?

+Thanks for all the repsonses so far....
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Str8Pimp
Sightlines?
How do you see past that 737 wing hanging off the rear of your IX? That ish is redonkulous.
The X wing is far more intrusive in the rearview mirror than the skinnier IX blade. Overall, visibility is fine just like any other sedan.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the X has a little less free visibility, but its not bad. The ct9a chassis definitely has some advantage there.
Nothing you have to worry about really.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fast4AWD
Do the aforementioned "situational awareness" issues (e.g. hoodline, noted above)
present any issue for parking // in the City?

+Thanks for all the repsonses so far....
That all depends on you. Like I said if you can judge distance without actually seeing the target, then You should be fine, if not then you would be leaning up trying to see how close you are to things but all in all its not an issue. If anything, with time it will improve your judgement.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:11 PM

A pillar gets in the way when "looking ahead".
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have problems seeing out the back of the car... but the front mirror plus the a-pillar together can create a blind spot when you are crawling forward and trying to look around a corner. But it's not a huge deal...