Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS intake installed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS intake installed

A little before black friday I placed an order for the ETS intake through Jordan at Defined Performance. The next couple weeks my intake arrived! Unfortunately Jordan had ordered the ETS intake for the EVO 9. He owned up to the mistake and took care of everything. I sent the intake back. Then Michael at ETS told me they got the intake and would ship out the one for the X. At the end of the week he told me they were out of one of the couplers Michael was really nice about everything and yesterday was finally the day it arrived Michael sent it 3 Day select so it came quickly. We started getting a blizzard so I figured I would be home to install the next day.

Overall the fitment and quality is excellent. Everything went together perfectly. I finished it and took it out for a spin.

The first time I heard the intake suck in air I was like It sounded like a jet taking off haha. It sounds amazing and the BOV really came to life. I had to drive to the highway so I could get on it a little bit. The little bit that I did I noticed a nice improvement in throttle response! Over all I couldn't be happier and it was well worth the wait.

I do have one question for the guys that installed the ETS intake for the X. The vacuum hose that is included in the kit, did you guys use that as the hose to go to the BOV? I know you have to use a little bit to extend to the boost line. The reason I am asking is because the inside diameter of the ETS hose is a tiny bit small than the OEM hose.

Thanks to Jordan at Defined and Michael at ETS! Great communication and nice guys. Here a couple cell phone pics.

Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome. I just installed my ETS Intake as well on my Evo IX. I had the KN typhoon intake and it was just a little light weight pipe that can crush if you tighten down the clamp to tight. The ETS intake is so much better. That is why all I use is ets parts lol.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

That's cool ssg. I am thinking about the ETS UICP sometime down the line. Is there a reason you went with Injen. You have some nice mods in your sig!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 PM

I've ordered parts from Jordan for my STi. Great service and awesome price. +1 for Defined Performance.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be switching to an ETS UICP as well. Only reason I have an injen one on there now is because it was free lol. I might go with the full ETS titanium uicp. Just waiting til I relocate the battery to the trunk.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Free is good haha. Is there a nice performance boost in switching out the UICP?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

On the X yes. Alot of people say on the IX no. But I honestly felt a difference by changing it out yes. I know the power to be had on the viii or ix is changing out the lower intercooler pipe, where you evo x guys, the uicp is where you will notice your gains. But whenever you open up the airway of any car, you are going to gain some. So yeah I def noticed a difference by switching the uicp. And I am sure I will see even more gains with the ETS short route piping.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the review...was looking for one of these.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

No problem Minot, you will love it!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

That's good to hear. The install would take no time at all on the UICP making it even more tempting. Dang mod bug lol

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
On the X yes. Alot of people say on the IX no. But I honestly felt a difference by changing it out yes. I know the power to be had on the viii or ix is changing out the lower intercooler pipe, where you evo x guys, the uicp is where you will notice your gains. But whenever you open up the airway of any car, you are going to gain some. So yeah I def noticed a difference by switching the uicp. And I am sure I will see even more gains with the ETS short route piping.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have the AMS CAI and love the jet taking off sound lol. I still have the stock FMIC but I'm also gonna go with the full ETS intercooler kit.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for the ETS intake. I have one and its great. Great parts.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
I do have one question for the guys that installed the ETS intake for the X. The vacuum hose that is included in the kit, did you guys use that as the hose to go to the BOV? I know you have to use a little bit to extend to the boost line. The reason I am asking is because the inside diameter of the ETS hose is a tiny bit small than the OEM hose.
I noticed this hose seemed a little bit too small too compared to OEM. I ended up replacing mine with a vacuum line for $2 from a local auto parts store that had a diameter similar to OEM. Overall I love the intake.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Okay thanks I may have to stop by one of the auto store. I guess just for a peace of mind knowing they are the same size.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The smaller line won't hurt anything, it just makes it a little harder to get over Thanks for the great review and your understanding. I'm glad to see it was worth the wait!

Thanks,

Michael

Quick Reply: ETS intake installed