Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

1st accident. I swear these cars are cursed

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st accident. I swear these cars are cursed

Well it finally happened. Hoped it wouldnt have happened this soon. Some chick hit my car in the parking lot at Petsmart today. 2012 GSR with barely 2000 miles on it.

To her credit she left a note with her insurance info on my windshield. She tried to find me for 30 mins until we finally left Petsmart and she was able to flag me down as I approached my car. And believe it or not a cop was driving by and I flagged him down so I didnt have to wait for a cop.

It just sucks as I'm sure anyone would feel bad. The damage isnt too bad but it looks like the passenger rear finder, rear rim, side skirt, and rear passenger door will need to be replaced or painted or both. The cop said it looked like less than a $1000 in damage. He must have thought I was driving a 2000 Corolla like she was or something.

What ticks me off the most is that now the vin is going to show an accident on it. I saw someone else here had an accident with their 2012 MR. Someone recommended that they file a deppreciation value or something to that affect. Is this something I can do? How does that work?

Old May 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least she left a note and stayed behind cars can't stay mint forever
Old May 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Optiblue
At least she left a note and stayed behind cars can't stay mint forever
That is true. I was hoping I would get more than 3 months and 2000 miles though
Old May 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like best case scenario when it comes to things like this. It could've been a lot worse and she could've left you with no info.

This is why I'd rather kust park far and spend the extra few mins walking..

Glad it's not too bad.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

me too, i park far away and walk it. Although not too far away to get it stolen!
Old May 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CJ2X
Sounds like best case scenario when it comes to things like this. It could've been a lot worse and she could've left you with no info.

This is why I'd rather kust park far and spend the extra few mins walking..

Glad it's not too bad.
I usually park in the handicap because they have room around the parking space so its less likely to get a door ding. Guess I shouldn't have parked in the handicap this time.

Does anyone know about that diminished value claim thing? How it works and what qualifies it?
Old May 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

so you're handicap or you just want to **** off old people?

i would never want to park by someone who is disabled. they usually need more room to get out and swing their door really wide.

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I usually park in the handicap because they have room around the parking space so its less likely to get a door ding. Guess I shouldn't have parked in the handicap this time.

Does anyone know about that diminished value claim thing? How it works and what qualifies it?
Old May 19, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Are you handicapped? If not, then that's not right.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rcantu
so you're handicap or you just want to **** off old people?

i would never want to park by someone who is disabled. they usually need more room to get out and swing their door really wide.
Originally Posted by CJ2X
Are you handicapped? If not, then that's not right.
Yeah I'm handicap and I park there legally. I guess if I wasnt then the accident would be my karma for being non handicap and parking in that space

The disabled do usually need more room. Overall most the handicap spaces have spacing between them. In my city atleast.

Hard to see in this pic but they usually put space with lines across it so you have room to move around
Old May 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

That is unfortunate, especially with so little miles. It is very cool that the lady that hit you did the right thing and waited to tell you, I'd bet many people would just take off. Good luck with the repair!
Old May 19, 2012, 09:14 PM

Yeah I'm handicap and I park there legally. I guess if I wasnt then the accident would be my karma for being non handicap and parking in that space

The disabled do usually need more room. Overall most the handicap spaces have spacing between them. In my city atleast.

Hard to see in this pic but they usually put space with lines across it so you have room to move around
Holy santa claus ****! I was recently at this Chik fil-a and witnessed an accident
gotdamned shame

...why are so many people worried about whether he's legitimately parking in a handi-capable space? personally i don't give a **** if you're legal or not. a wrecked Evo hurts
Old May 19, 2012, 09:28 PM

From what I hear, it is possible to claim the diminished value in 3rd party claims such as yours (you were the one hit). Additionally, it is a PITA to claim. "You" have to prove that the vehicle has "really" lost value. I assume thats by having some adjuster come out and take a look at the damage and make and estimate of diminished value (contact your insurance company and ask how the process goes). It's a PITA process that not always works out...hence why not many ppl know about it and why it is not commonly practiced. My buddy tried when a lady hit his M3 and they claimed since the entire cost of the repair was under $5000 that there was no lost in value to the vehicle. Sooooo...bottom line is ask your insurance company and go from there. Hope this helps a little...good luck if you proceed with it!
Old May 19, 2012, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cubandiaz
From what I hear, it is possible to claim the diminished value in 3rd party claims such as yours (you were the one hit). Additionally, it is a PITA to claim. "You" have to prove that the vehicle has "really" lost value. I assume thats by having some adjuster come out and take a look at the damage and make and estimate of diminished value (contact your insurance company and ask how the process goes). It's a PITA process that not always works out...hence why not many ppl know about it and why it is not commonly practiced. My buddy tried when a lady hit his M3 and they claimed since the entire cost of the repair was under $5000 that there was no lost in value to the vehicle. Sooooo...bottom line is ask your insurance company and go from there. Hope this helps a little...good luck if you proceed with it!
What I'm worried about is if I ever want to sell it in the future. I am worried that the diminished value will come into affect then. If I ever sell it will show on car fax a accident right? Does it matter the amount of damage? AN accident occurred and repair was done. Obviously by looking at the pick its not all that bad and is pure cosmetic. But I'm worried the accident on the car fax will bring down value.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:49 PM

Not all accidents show up on Carfax...that is up to the Insurance Company to report it. They all have different ways they handle that. Some companies will not report it until it has reached a certain amount (like $2500 plus or something to that effect). Some companies have non-disclosure agreements and do not report it at all. Carfax is a pay for service entity. They also source all kins of other data bases and things of that nature to find out info about cars. Thats why sometimes someone will tell you they have been in an accident but it does not show on carfax. I know my truck was rear ended and that one never showed up.
Old May 20, 2012, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

These cars are definitely cursed. I have never been in a accident in all by driving time and since I have gotten my evo which was less than a year ago I have been hit 3 times. Just be thankful she left her insurance info for u

Quick Reply: 1st accident. I swear these cars are cursed