Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO X MR Touring and Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X MR Touring and Navigation Package

Hi all, I was wondering to get some answers here before I ask a dealer. In my experience dealers are less than truthful, and will do anything to make a sale.

I know the OEM Navigation for the EVO X can be a factory package or a dealer installed accessory. With that said, I am in the market for an EVO X MR with Touring. On carsdirect.com you cannot have both Touring and Navigation packages together, which actually makes sense to me because that would negate the rockford fosgate head unit. However, I've seen people with MR Touring and Navigation. So here is my question:

• Can you order the navigation and touring packages together from the factory? Or did all the EVO X MR Tourings came without a Navigation and the dealer had it installed as an accessory.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 31, 2012, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

the 2010 MR Touring had the option of NAV/No Nav. But that was the only thing you could op on since it was the only year that the MR was sold as MR Touring. After that anything is possible premiun/NAV Touring/NAV or no NAV. You might have to order it if the dealers dont have one fully loaded.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

In canada.. we only got 1 mr and it was fully loaded with zero spoiler.

not sure about there.. but i'm sure you can order your MR with Everything including the touring lip spoiler.. if any are left.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:40 AM

With the MR, at least the 2011 and 2012, the Touring Package and the Navigation Package are separate factory options (NOT dealer installed). You can get the Navigation Package with or without the Touring Package and vice versa.

Please note, all of the info in this post is about FACTORY installed options.

Basically, there are three main factory packages you can get on an MR (at least for 2011 and 2012 - prices listed are for 2012)

1. Navigation System Package ($2,295)
  • 40GB HDD navigation w/ music server & real time traffic (RDS) - Replaces standard audio head unit

2. Touring Package ($2,150)
  • RECARO® leather seating surfaces
  • Power glass sunroof
  • Heated front seats & side mirrors
  • Auto rain-sensing wipers
  • Auto on/off headlights
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Auto dimming rear-view mirror
  • Sound dampening enhancement

3. Premium Package ($2,000)
  • 710-Watt (max.), Rockford Fosgate® performance audio system with 6-CD/MP3-compatible head unit and nine speakers, including a 10-inch, trunk-mounted subwoofer
  • SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio w/ 3 months service provided by SiriusXM™ from date of sale
  • FAST-Key electronic keyless entry and starting system
  • Leather and sueded combination seating surfaces
  • Phantom-black interior trim
  • Faux leather door inserts and center console armrest
  • Center console storage with lid (x2)
  • Chrome Grille Surround and Beltline Molding
  • Color-keyed body vents
  • Improved sound deadening

Only restriction is that if you select the Touring Package you are also forced to get the Premium Package.

The Navigation Package is a completely separate factory option that can be selected with or without any of the other options. It is installed at the factory. Not dealer installed.

I personally have all three packages and really like it.

Hope this helps.
Old May 31, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

The Rockford setup is independent of the headunit choice. The RF upgrade is actually an amp mounted under the driver's seat that connects via canbus and powers the 8speakers + sub.

So, yes you should be able to get the Nav + Touring without any issue....it's just uber expensive. However, I didn't get the Nav, and half-way regret it, only because you can't get an aftermarket headunit that works with FUSE :'(
Old May 31, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Dealer wants nearly 4k for Nav. I can think of a lot of other things to buy for 4k. I can live without Nav.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Dealer wants nearly 4k for Nav. I can think of a lot of other things to buy for 4k. I can live without Nav.
I assume that is for some type of dealer installed navigation system?

The factory option (if ordered with your car) has an MSRP of only $2,295. Still expensive, but it is more than just a navigation system.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

I did not want the navigation system for my car, I did get the Touring/Premium package.

1. $2K for the navigation unit?!?!

2. I already own a Garmin, with all my points plugged in and really didn't want to go back through and load them all into a factory installed navigation system.

3. It isn't portable. With my Garmin, I have everything in one place, if I decide to switch cars I can simply pop in my Garmin and go.

Sure it's pretty and all, but it's just too limited compared to the Garmin I use now.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Dealer wants $3,800 for factory NAV.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99

1. $2K for the navigation unit?!?!

I will agree that it is a bit pricey, but it is more than just an in-dash garmin unit. You get the really nice FUSE handsfree system and a bunch of other cool stuff. It is actually a very nice system. The car my dealer had coming in had that option, so I had to go for it unless I wanted to custom order one an wait. Now that I have it I would order it again.

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Dealer wants $3,800 for factory NAV.
I assume that is to install a nav system in a car that didn't come from the factory with it?

If you are ordering a car and that is what they are trying to tell you the factory installed navigation package costs, run for the hills.

Last edited by rparker35; May 31, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by rparker35
With the MR, at least the 2011 and 2012, the Touring Package and the Navigation Package are separate factory options (NOT dealer installed). You can get the Navigation Package with or without the Touring Package and vice versa.

Please note, all of the info in this post is about FACTORY installed options.

Basically, there are three main factory packages you can get on an MR (at least for 2011 and 2012 - prices listed are for 2012)

1. Navigation System Package ($2,295)
  • 40GB HDD navigation w/ music server & real time traffic (RDS) - Replaces standard audio head unit

2. Touring Package ($2,150)
  • RECARO® leather seating surfaces
  • Power glass sunroof
  • Heated front seats & side mirrors
  • Auto rain-sensing wipers
  • Auto on/off headlights
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Auto dimming rear-view mirror
  • Sound dampening enhancement

3. Premium Package ($2,000)
  • 710-Watt (max.), Rockford Fosgate® performance audio system with 6-CD/MP3-compatible head unit and nine speakers, including a 10-inch, trunk-mounted subwoofer
  • SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio w/ 3 months service provided by SiriusXM™ from date of sale
  • FAST-Key electronic keyless entry and starting system
  • Phantom-black interior trim
  • Faux leather door inserts and center console armrest
  • Center console storage with lid (x2)
  • Chrome Grille Surround and Beltline Molding
  • Color-keyed body vents
  • Improved sound deadening

Only restriction is that if you select the Touring Package you are also forced to get the Premium Package.

The Navigation Package is a completely separate factory option that can be selected with or without any of the other options. It is installed at the factory. Not dealer installed.

I personally have all three packages and really like it.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I think this kind of threw me off:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...accessories.do

Is the dealer installed navigation any different from the one that came from the factory?

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by RyRy210
Thank you. I think this kind of threw me off:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...accessories.do

Is the dealer installed navigation any different from the one that came from the factory?

Thanks!

I would assume it is the same unit, but honestly not sure. If you want nav and you are getting a new car, just get one that has the system installed from the factory.
Old May 31, 2012, 06:07 PM

I would assume it is the same unit, but honestly not sure. If you want nav and you are getting a new car, just get one that has the system installed from the factory.
Thanks. I'm just trying to understand if it is indeed a factory installed option, or whether it is installed by the dealer and then sold on the lot marketed as a factory package. If it is the latter, then I have more cars to look at and bargain with.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...b-09649a957aa1
Old May 31, 2012, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by RyRy210
Thanks. I'm just trying to understand if it is indeed a factory installed option, or whether it is installed by the dealer and then sold on the lot marketed as a factory package. If it is the latter, then I have more cars to look at and bargain with.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...b-09649a957aa1

If you purchase a new Evo MR that has the factory navigation system package, then it is factory installed and not a dealer installed. The navigation system package will be listed on the window sticker.

If the navigation system package is not listed on the window sticker, but the car happens to have navigation, then it was dealer installed. This is not a very typical scenario. Everyone that I know with nav in their Evo got it as a factory installed option.

From doing a search online it does seem that the two units are completely identical. However, it is more expensive to have the system installed after the fact by the dealer. Which makes sense.

Last edited by rparker35; May 31, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 06:32 PM

If you purchase a new Evo MR that has the factory navigation system package, then it is factory installed. It is not a dealer installed or port installed option. The navigation system package will be listed on the window sticker.

If the navigation system package is not listed on the window sticker, but the car happens to have navigation, then it was dealer installed. This is not a very typical scenario. Everyone that I know with nav in their Evo got it as a factory installed option.

From doing a search online it does seem that the two units are completely identical. However, it is more expensive to have the system installed after the fact by the dealer. Which makes sense.
Thanks! You're awesome, and I really thank you for helping me understand this.

Quick Reply: EVO X MR Touring and Navigation Package