Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

GREAT Infant Seat for Evo X owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had this one for over a year now, no complaints.
Amazon.com : RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat, Sable : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby Amazon.com : RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat, Sable : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:50 PM

Yeah I agree that the Recaro ProRide and PerformanceRide are great seats! I initially had the Graco SnugRide 35 infant seat in the X. The seat was great, although it was a bit on the larger side. The passenger seat had to be pulled up towards the front a good amount, so my girlfriend would end up sitting in the backseat instead.

I recently just switched out the infant seat to a convertible car seat. Since my son is still rear facing, I found that the Recaro was pretty big to put in an RF position. It would fit, but I had to keep the passenger seat up towards thenfront. My son is pretty big for a 1 year old (95th percentile) so it was a bit of a challenge to get him into the seat. It works fine in my girlfriend's SUV though.

I ended up buying a Britax Boulevard G4, and the fit in the Evo is much better. The seat itself is a little smaller, andbnot as wide and bulky as the Recaro. I can actually move my passenger seat back about 4-5 clicks from where it was with the infant seat and Recaro.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:51 PM

^^^ Sorry for the typos, I was typing on my phone lol