Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x gsr will not start

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x gsr will not start

Ive been having an issue for the past 3 months or so where my GSR will not start from time to time. It is all random times/days/places. The car has been towed to the dealership multiple times after not getting it to start and I guess just from the movement getting it on/off the flatbed, it has started every time for the dealership. 2 weeks ago, I was finally able to get the new service manager to physically come out to my house since it is only a mile away from dealership and see that there physically is a problem. I have tried replacing the Neutral Safety Clutch switch (Lower one) and nothing. I woke up this morning and the car would not start. Does anyone have any idea on what is happening?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Fuel relay?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the car itself act as if you are trying to start the car with out pushing the clutch in. it feels as if something is not engaging the starter. once it starts up it would be fine for a few days to a few weeks
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:33 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Check the wire/connection on the starter. Might be loose or burnt. Next time it doesn't start try giving the starter a smack (if possible). If it fires right up, you found the problem.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I actually have experienced this a few times myself it has never left me stranded though. Its like you click the key over to start and it just clicks like the starter motor does not spin. But luckily ill just try it a 2nd or a 3rd time after i just turn it all the way off then it starts right up. I havent brought it in for the issue because i doubt they will be able to replicate it, since it doesnt hardly ever happen.