Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Boost Gauges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boost Gauges

I've seen a few evos with the boost gages right under the stereo where the hazard button is. How do people relocate the hazard button and then put the gauges there? Very interested in this, its one of the only places I like the gauges.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 05:26 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Not sure how it's done exactly. Hopefully someone will chime in. In the meantime, you can look here for more ideas.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...etup-pics.html
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:45 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by elkazX
I've seen a few evos with the boost gages right under the stereo where the hazard button is. How do people relocate the hazard button and then put the gauges there? Very interested in this, its one of the only places I like the gauges.
I'm building one for a guy now, you need thin gauges preferably, and the harness for the hazard switch actually is long enough to reach down into the cubby hole, or just behind the dash or whatever
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it on my old x. It's not hard but you have to find somewhere to put the hazards. I know one member did a really good job and mounted the hazards by the ashtray. I just threw mine in the glove compartment.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:50 PM

When I did mine I had the stock radio face. Gauges size didn't really matter for me since I cut away around the radio panel. I was able to fit aem and defi gauges. After the cutting everything was still very secure.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i would put the hazard by the ash tray under the air controls.. is there a link with a walk through for this any where?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 03:30 AM

I don't think there is a link for a "how to." It's pretty straight forward though. Once you get the piece of trim off that houses the hazard switch you just have to fill it and than cut out the holes for your gauges. When you re locate the hazard switch you have to trim it down to fit in the cubby underneath the air controls. I might still have my trim piece already cut out if you want it or wanna see how it looks.