Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X water pump removal and reinstall

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X water pump removal and reinstall

I need to replace my 2010 Evo X water pump. I removed the portion of the water pump that has the impeller and pulley shaft. When I went to the auto parts store they didn't have a gasket that looked anything like what I had. I eventually realized that they expect you to remove the water pump and the part that connects to the pipe and attaches to the block. The gaskets they sell are for the engine block to the water pump and the pipe tube. The thing is that it seems to be very difficult to get at the rear of the engine to remove the bolts to get the whole water pump assembly out. Getting it back in is another story. My question is how do you do remove and reinstall the water pump? Specifically, how do you gain access to the area behind the engine. My factory manual indicates to come in from the top but there doesn't seem to be much room for this. Coming at it from below looks equally bad. So, what is the best way to go with this issue? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have the maintenance manual?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 06:19 AM

Do you have the maintenance manual?

The factory shop manual (section 14-25) basically says to take off the engine cover and then the strut tower bar and then remove the water pump. This tells me they want me to come from the top but there stills doesn't seem to be much room.