Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

A plug in our firewall?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
A plug in our firewall?

I am trying to install some LEDs and I need to hook up the module to the positive on the battery. So I was gonna go under the hood.. is their a hole in our firewalls already? Can someone tell me the best location to drill if their is not. Maybe someone has a photo of it? Thank you.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The battery is located in the trunk area of the vehicle. You can trace one, of many, entries into that area. If you remove all of the internal trunk coverings (about a 5-10 minute job), you will find a number of readily available options.
Old May 5, 2015, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kcn0
The battery is located in the trunk area of the vehicle. You can trace one, of many, entries into that area. If you remove all of the internal trunk coverings (about a 5-10 minute job), you will find a number of readily available options.
Yes i understand the battery is located in the trunk... But their is a positive under the hood as well. It is for if we need a jump or what not. Could i not just wire the positive wire to that positive under the hood because the module would be closer and mounted under the steering wheel anyway...?
Old May 5, 2015, 05:12 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Are you installing interior or exterior LEDs? If you don't feel like drilling you can always extend the wire(s) and run it to the trunk.
Old May 6, 2015, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .M.
Are you installing interior or exterior LEDs? If you don't feel like drilling you can always extend the wire(s) and run it to the trunk.
These are exterior
Old May 6, 2015, 10:59 AM

I'm new to Evo's, but I have some experience with wiring / lighting. If this is for the exterior, I would really recommend going from the battery (trunk) through one of the factory grommets (located just under the driver side tail light or right side of the trunk). There is a lot of room between the physical trunk/bumper and the rear clip, it will require zero drilling, and you will be able to hide 100% of the wiring...

Depending on where the lights are going to be located and how you are going to manage the "on/off" feature, these could be installed many ways. Based off the information that you provided, this is what I would do

Best of luck!
Old May 6, 2015, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kcn0
I'm new to Evo's, but I have some experience with wiring / lighting. If this is for the exterior, I would really recommend going from the battery (trunk) through one of the factory grommets (located just under the driver side tail light or right side of the trunk). There is a lot of room between the physical trunk/bumper and the rear clip, it will require zero drilling, and you will be able to hide 100% of the wiring...

Depending on where the lights are going to be located and how you are going to manage the "on/off" feature, these could be installed many ways. Based off the information that you provided, this is what I would do

Best of luck!
Okay. Then I guess I will just connect from the trunk.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:55 PM

Theres a rubber grommet on the firewall direct center above the turbo you could use... Dont know if that helps you or not but worth a look.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ponto633
Theres a rubber grommet on the firewall direct center above the turbo you could use... Dont know if that helps you or not but worth a look.
Thank you. I'll check it out!