Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bought my first Evo!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smilespergallon
4 - thin paint

Mitsu isn't much better
Old May 15, 2015, 06:50 PM

Another Subaru to Mitsubishi convert! I also came from a long line of WRX, STI's and FRS. I'm in love with my 14 WW MR. The best of both worlds.
Old May 16, 2015, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
white is right. haha.

i once bought a low-mileage WW '06 MR and found it to be the perfect car for me. i panic sold and hated myself. scored an '05 WRX (true, not an STi) because it was my favorite-looking of all the ones we got in the U.S. and really cheap. it was really comfortable for daily driving but i hated working on it other than doing the timing belt. what a nightmare. oh, and with full bolt-ons and the larget OEM turbo avail, i never made 300whp. yeah. no thanks.
as soon as i came across my current WW '06 MR i quick-sold the WRX (loosing a few $k) and overpaid for my current Evo. LOL.
you know what though? i don't regret over paying one single bit.

the one thing i'll say about Subaru is that the community seems to be friendlier towards each other than the Evo crowd. especially in my area.
They have a better crowd but its also different. For example, when i drove my friends wrx hatch, within 3 miles I got 3 handwaves from subi guys..cool. When I drive my evo and come across another one I give a thumbs up but usually its always a little competitive joy riding. Subie guys love to parkin lot pimp lol.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:38 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
They have a better crowd but its also different. For example, when i drove my friends wrx hatch, within 3 miles I got 3 handwaves from subi guys..cool. When I drive my evo and come across another one I give a thumbs up but usually its always a little competitive joy riding. Subie guys love to parkin lot pimp lol.
i agree 100%. the evo community in my area is... interesting. for example: i've been building cars since 2001. all the "newer" guys talk crap on me behind my back, etc because i am a "know-it-all and my experience hasn't been proven". here i was trying to help them out, save them some time and money, etc. and they talk crap on me before knowing what they were talking about. eh, well, i tried. i just stick to the older, more established crowd.
for the brief time i had the Subaru, everyone was friendly; waves and thumbs up like you said. everyone is willing to stand around and talk. nobody was better than anyone else. it was pretty cool.
in my town, evo and subaru owners mostly chill in parking lots. not like there's much else to do here haha. but only a handful do autox, track days, etc.