Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR: ETS V2 Quiet or ETS V2 Regular (Standard)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X MR: ETS V2 Quiet or ETS V2 Regular (Standard)

Hello all,

I have 2014 Evo x MR and been wanting to get an ETS exhaust.
I have read a lot of threads about these two exhausts and watched numerous videos, however still can't decide which one to go with.
I want the exhaust that I could hear clearly under acceleration and when downshifting with windows down.
I seriously like the ways the note these two exhausts make.
My greatest concern is that the quiet one could be not as loud as I think, and the regular one could be too loud for my taste. (Yes, I know some people say quiet one is not really 'quiet', but still not too sure)
For your information, I won't be going with HFC or DP for awhile, and leaving the car stock except for the exhaust.
As some people say the regular one has some drone issues, but I think it should be tolerable for me.
For those who have these exhausts, please let me know your opinions on it.
I really want to hear these exhausts in person, but unfortunately haven't been able to.
Thank you all for your inputs in advance and your help!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also the drone, what is the difference between the two?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 06:32 AM

I'm running the ETS Quiet with a HFC. It's not really quiet when driving normally but not loud enough to attract the wrong kind of attention. No drone at all on highway for me. It has a really nice tone.

Only thing that bugs me is I sometime get a loud backfire/pop sound on deceleration, I don't know if I have a defective muffler or of it's supposed to do that but I could live without it.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

I have the regular V2 with HFC and its not to loud. Never really had problems with the drone either
Old Jul 24, 2015, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
I have a ETS V2 Quiet with a ETS test pipe. It's got a nice low, deep rumble. Under WOT it's decently loud, but not obnoxious. No freeway drone either. Never had any issue with the authorities. My MAP 02 dump makes most of the noise
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quiet sounds beautiful! Deff get the Quiet!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gkswhdl88
Hello all,

I have 2014 Evo x MR and been wanting to get an ETS exhaust.
I have read a lot of threads about these two exhausts and watched numerous videos, however still can't decide which one to go with.
I want the exhaust that I could hear clearly under acceleration and when downshifting with windows down.
I seriously like the ways the note these two exhausts make.
My greatest concern is that the quiet one could be not as loud as I think, and the regular one could be too loud for my taste. (Yes, I know some people say quiet one is not really 'quiet', but still not too sure)
For your information, I won't be going with HFC or DP for awhile, and leaving the car stock except for the exhaust.
As some people say the regular one has some drone issues, but I think it should be tolerable for me.
For those who have these exhausts, please let me know your opinions on it.
I really want to hear these exhausts in person, but unfortunately haven't been able to.
Thank you all for your inputs in advance and your help!
I'm in the exact same position as you only i have a GSR. I was not planning on getting a HFC.. I was just looking to buy the exhaust from ETS and keeping everything stock. I have no idea how that sounds. I hear some people say the quiet is stock loud at idle and opens up at higher rpms. But the thing is.. why get a $1000 exhaust and go quiet? Might as well get the V2 and call it a day man. I would hate to order something like that and get it and next thing you know it does not meet expectations then feel bummed. Go V2. At least.. That's what i was going to do here soon..
Old Jul 24, 2015, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
My vote is for the quiet exhaust system. :P

The quiet system has a mellow idle and hwy cruise, but during WOT you can really tell you have an aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jul 24, 2015, 06:30 PM

Thank you all for your inputs!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.....
Old Jul 25, 2015, 02:50 PM

I started off with the V2 with a HFC and thought the sound was just a touch too loud and swapped for the V2 quiet and have been very happy ever since. I get compliments on the the sound often. Loud enough to be noticed but not considered obnoxious. Though if I'm riding along side a cop I usually up shift to cut down on the noise:-)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm opposite from above. I started with the quiet and went to the regular. I think it sounds way better but is a little louder. I'm running AMS down pipe with the ETS HFC and V2 regular. The quiet had a nasty buzzing noise at the higher RPM.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:45 PM

Just pulled the trigger on ETS V2 Standard Exhaust.
Worst case scenario, I could get the Quiet version later on if I feel the Standard one is too loud for me, but I think I am going to like the Standard one.
I watched numerous videos and read plenty of threads on this exhausts, and I believe the Standard version fits my need.
Yes, it was a tough decision to make, but not going to look back.
I will report back once the exhaust gets arrived and installed.
Thank you all for your comments
Old Jul 27, 2015, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great choice!

Thanks for your support.

Michael
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I really don't think you'd be disappointed with either. G'luck with the standard V2! I have the quiet one and love it, even though it's not really "quiet" lol
Old Jul 28, 2015, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I just grabbed the v2 quiet yesterday... Anyone have any issues mating this to an AMS testpipe?

cannot wait to hear and smell it on e85!

Quick Reply: Evo X MR: ETS V2 Quiet or ETS V2 Regular (Standard)