Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seat decisions inside - yikes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat decisions inside - yikes

Looking for new seats for the Evo X with the main idea to get me into a better driving position. I'm 6'2" 220lb and can't seem to get low enough or in the right position at all. Attempting to go with side mount seats to be able to get me lower.

Below are the current options as I see fit. I'd love to go with a leather/suede combo but don't seem to see any out there. This is my daily and occasional track use between race weekends in the race car so keep the daily part in mind!

What's everyone think???

Recaro Profi XL

Cobra Imola Pro GT

Sparco Evo III

Bride/Cusco Zeta III C XL
Old Aug 2, 2015, 02:03 PM

I really like that Cobra Imola but if you want leather/suede I know the Recaro Pole Position has that option. I believe Evasive Motorsports carries them. I would never consider anything from Bride, they're just JDM bling and there are too many bootlegs out there. Do you need a seat that's FIA certified?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 02:07 PM

Pole positions are currently discontinued and the harness holes are shoulder height for someone 5'10" or shorter lol.

The Imola I think is number one right now. Don't need FIA as this will not be raced, that's what other cars are for heh.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 02:38 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Redefined
Pole positions are currently discontinued and the harness holes are shoulder height for someone 5'10" or shorter lol.

The Imola I think is number one right now. Don't need FIA as this will not be raced, that's what other cars are for heh.
so then the harness points don't really matter? if you just need something lower and comfortable, i hear the Imolas are the best bet. all of these are fixed-back, though. really not to comfy.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
so then the harness points don't really matter? if you just need something lower and comfortable, i hear the Imolas are the best bet. all of these are fixed-back, though. really not to comfy.
Harness points are important, I'll do track days in this car but not actually race it or I'd have a halo and fully gutted etc.

These are fixed because I can't find any decent side mount reclinable options side mount typically lets you get the seat lower.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 03:47 PM
kaj

true, true. no lower sliders? i've seen those here and there. the side-mount will help, though. but fixed back seats are REALLY uncomfortable LOL. just had to reiterate haha. they are not fun for daily driving.
you will run your harness angle based off of your shoulders. are the tops of the openings too low to get the right angle? i've never seen that being an issue, but i suppose it's possible.

i've never actually thought to compare opening heights on seats.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 03:52 PM

Oh yeah heights are a big issue. In my halo race seats most brands I have to get the tall version! Currently have the Racetech 4119 wide tall.

Here are some good looking reclinable ones out there, just afraid I'll spend a ton on them and won't end up in any better position.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 05:20 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Redefined
Oh yeah heights are a big issue. In my halo race seats most brands I have to get the tall version! Currently have the Racetech 4119 wide tall.

Here are some good looking reclinable ones out there, just afraid I'll spend a ton on them and won't end up in any better position.
dang. you kinda just need to be able to test fit most of them. which we can't. that's a tough one, man.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 06:27 PM

Oh and any mounting suggestions? I've read BuddyClub are great for getting low but are not very strong and they flex.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 09:25 AM

Bump for seat and mount help!