Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So where can I get a triple gauge A pillar since OrtizCustomPods is awful.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long story short, ordered one from OrtizCustomPods 4 weeks ago, said 4 week wait to make which is no big deal. On the 5th week now. When they took the orders they promised to send out a weekly email, that of course ended after week 2. Haven't gotten one of those emails in 2 weeks. Sent them an email to get a followup: Got this, "I apologize for the delay. We should have a full update available for you by tomorrow." That was 8 days ago. Tried posting on their Facebook, no response, yet they got the nerve to post about more Evo X parts they got to make more parts yet they can't update the existing group.

**** those guys. I checked DSG, but apparantly they're not taking orders. Is there anywhere else that sells these?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would like to know this also. Why aren't there more options????
Old Aug 11, 2015, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo
Would like to know this also. Why aren't there more options????
It's prolly cause some people are afraid of eating the whole gauge cluster in the event that the airbags deploy. That's the only reason I can think of.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
How about the rawevo pod? It's the next best pillar.

DSG isn't taking orders on theirs? That's unfortunate.

Rexpeed sells them, but I'd stay away from them personally.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the ati pod, a pillar pod is a pain in the butt and they cracked very easily. The quality is not that good even on dsg brand. I ordered from them before and returned it, took 3 months and quality was fair. The holes where they connected the cups with bondo was a rough finish and it will cracked first at those areas. It is also a pain in the *** to install once you put all the gauges including the wires in the back of the pillar. The pillar clips are not designed to hold the heavy gauges, wires and hoses. So save yourself the trouble. My experience with it was terrible that's why I'm sharing this.

Here's a video of how the ati pod will look on your car. Check my channel, I have some other close up videos of it. Subscribe and like buddy.

Last edited by eeeeevo45; Aug 11, 2015 at 05:56 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
found it, their site is weird
Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eeeeevo45
Get the ati pod, a pillar pod is a pain in the butt and they cracked very easily. The quality is not that good even on dsg brand. I ordered from them before and returned it, took 3 months and quality was fair. The holes where they connected the cups with bondo was a rough finish and it will cracked first at those areas. It is also a pain in the *** to install once you put all the gauges including the wires in the back of the pillar. The pillar clips are not designed to hold the heavy gauges, wires and hoses. So save yourself the trouble. My experience with it was terrible that's why I'm sharing this.

Here's a video of how the ati pod will look on your car. Check my channel, I have some other close up videos of it. Subscribe and like buddy.
Playing with hondas at the racetrack - YouTube
Kinda tempted honestly, but after watching some of your videos am I crazy or does it look like there's gaps? Does it sit flush?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Not a big fan of the ATI pod. I don't really like any of the pre-fab X gauge pods really. Kinda sucks, I'll be figuring something custom out when I install mine this weekend.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shekaar
Not a big fan of the ATI pod. I don't really like any of the pre-fab X gauge pods really. Kinda sucks, I'll be figuring something custom out when I install mine this weekend.
Yeah after watching more of the videos it just didn't look right. I mean functionally it works, but it just doesn't look like it belongs there at all.

I did like the gauges he had though. Tanabe I'm assuming?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:07 PM

There is a gap b/c I just used the 3m double sided tape that came with it. If you want it to sit flush with no gaps on the sides then you have to use the screws that they provided and screw it on the dash.

If you think that that pod doesn't looked right wait until you get your a pillar pod. Haha
The gaps and cracks that the a pillar will give you will make your head spin.
Why do you think they stopped making it? Well, first it will take 2-3 mos to make it if you're lucky. Mostly people wait 6 mos or more, I'm talking dsg pods.
Second they crack very easily
Third they don't fit right and pain in the butt to install.
4th I saw people screwing the pod b/c they keep falling.
Good luck!
Yes those are tanabe gauges.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Im in LOVE with my CPE gauge pod that is dash mounted. Looks oem and doens ose any visibility. Its awesome.
Attached Thumbnails So where can I get a triple gauge A pillar since OrtizCustomPods is awful.-image.jpg  
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Diy

Make one yourself if you are willing to. I can walk you through how to do it if you would like. IMHO DSG overcharges quite a bit for taking a stock pillar and slapping some prefabbed gauge housings the buy onto the pillar with some bondo and paint. Plus, as another user posted on this forum, their quality has suffered as a result of large-scale production. Here are a couple photos of the one I made.

Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ►EvolutionX◄
Make one yourself if you are willing to. I can walk you through how to do it if you would like. IMHO DSG overcharges quite a bit for taking a stock pillar and slapping some prefabbed gauge housings the buy onto the pillar with some bondo and paint. Plus, as another user posted on this forum, their quality has suffered as a result of large-scale production. Here are a couple photos of the one I made.

That looks great. How hard is the process on a scale from 1-10?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
Long story short, ordered one from OrtizCustomPods 4 weeks ago, said 4 week wait to make which is no big deal. On the 5th week now. When they took the orders they promised to send out a weekly email, that of course ended after week 2. Haven't gotten one of those emails in 2 weeks. Sent them an email to get a followup: Got this, "I apologize for the delay. We should have a full update available for you by tomorrow." That was 8 days ago. Tried posting on their Facebook, no response, yet they got the nerve to post about more Evo X parts they got to make more parts yet they can't update the existing group.

**** those guys. I checked DSG, but apparantly they're not taking orders. Is there anywhere else that sells these?
Haha... I've been waiting on my DSG forever, ordered in January. Still waiting... I've just about have gotten fed up with them.

To your answer, it doesnt look like very many companys make quality gauge pods for our cars. It is sad. The custom option looked pretty good, but skill would play a factor into it.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

AMI customs boys. Amazing pods made from OEM pillars. Check out their website. I can get pics when I have a chance to get to my car.

Quick Reply: So where can I get a triple gauge A pillar since OrtizCustomPods is awful.