Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Quebec to Ontario registration - Fees?

Old Aug 23, 2015, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Quebec to Ontario registration - Fees?

Hello there! Not sure if this is the right topic, I'm new, sorry! Just a quick question that I wanted to get cleared up. So I'm looking into a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR, it's in Quebec at a dealer ship and I might actually be buying this car. I live in Toronto and I would like to know if there would be any extra fees that I'd have to pay, when I register it, etc. If someone could clear this up for me it would be great!

How does the registration process work from province to province?

Thank you,

Kiju
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealer will arrange for temp plates, and from there you can drive it to Ontario. The temp plate is valid for 7 days. Notify the insurance of your plans.

You will pay the federal portion of the taxes to the dealer and the provincial to the Mto upon registering. If a drive clean is required, you must also bring that to the MTO when getting your plate.

Word of warning use EXTREME caution when buying a car in Quebec, there are tons of stories of people getting screwed doing this.

good luck