Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lean on idle

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lean on idle

I've searched and tried all options out there. From cold or warm start, my uego shows 14.7ish. After a few seconds it slowly goes to all rich (---) then shoots all the way to to lean side at 17ish and stays right there no matter what I do. At cruise and wot I'm good to go. If I'm driving and come to a stop, it's still 17.1-18+. I replaced every vacuum hose and swapped relays as well. 3 weeks prior to tune I had hfc, exhaust and AEM uego installed and at idle I was good to go. During my tune it was learned my oem bov was leaking and replaced with a synapse dv. They also installed a grimmspeed 3 port. I'm scratching exhaust leak out the equation considering it hit stoich at idle prior to tuning. While on Idle, there is no bogging or anything odd engine sounding. Any other suggestions on what might have caused this? Called the tuner and he mentioned vacuum hose leak so replaced all of them including fpr hose and ziptied all of them down. I'm almost about to purchase a tactrix cable and log every detail to figure this out.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

It sounds like you wideband sensor is about to go bad if the car is acting fine. That's what my sensor did at least before it craped out on me. If it was truly running that lean you would throw a CEL. If you can log or read your fuel trims, that would be the easiest way to tell.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks, it's just hard to believe the sensor would go bad this soon. It's only been installed for 3 weeks, maybe 200 miles? I might just unbolt the sensor, clean it and see if that helps. If not, I guess I'll be buying a new one already.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Before you do that, check with your tuner to make sure he didn't use that bung to install his sensor for tuning. Your sensor may not be on there tight which would cause the same thing. 3 weeks does sound premature for it to go bad. Mine lasted two years before it did this.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Went ahead and bought a new sensor because eventually it'll die on me anyhow.

Last edited by snafufx; Oct 10, 2015 at 04:52 AM.