Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Old member New ride

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old member New ride

So i just got back in the Evo game after owning an Evo VIII that was tortured by a previous owner that hide alot of secrets about the car from me. Car had 65k miles when he purchased it up until i bought with about 9-10 months later of him owning it and clocked at 104k miles(drove from MA to PA every weekend- idk why) all while being untuned with kelford 272's, GT35R, and a bunch of little parts here and there. Had to let it go after not being able to bring it back to life and finding out the body was twisted on the rear half of the car. Ended up with a Civic Si for three years till i needed another Evo. Since my brother owns 2 IX MR's one built and the other daily, i decided to grab an X. Love the agressive look it has and spacious cabin. Had a bad encounter with a Mitsu dealership that basically haggled me to buy a FE or 15' X which had no Evo like features that i liked so i decided to go down the street from there to another dealership that had a pristine conditioned 08 GG X SSS with all dealer and carfax records by one owner and bone stock just how i wanted it. Im already enjoying everything about it and all the features its got.Now enough of the talking, onto the pics!

Looked clean after being revived from a 30-40k mile torture.

Last edited by xl1lxbustax; Mar 12, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 06:56 PM

Old Mar 12, 2016, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xl1lxbustax

Nice man....congrats!!!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome back to the EVO world! Nice X! Looks really clean. And sorry to hear the story regarding your old 8.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thats one decision.. to go from considering a new Evo to an 8 yr old one. To each their own.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:59 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Congrats on the new (to you) ride.

I know what you mean. It's hard to find a 8/9 that isn't beat to hell or has a crazy amount of miles on it.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Thats one decision.. to go from considering a new Evo to an 8 yr old one. To each their own.
I know some people rather get a new one, but it just didnt have that wow factor i was hoping it had. And the FE that was also there was on hold for someone else.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

If it doesn't why even get an X?

I know some people rather get a new one, but it just didnt have that wow factor i was hoping it had. And the FE that was also there was on hold for someone else.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
If it doesn't why even get an X?
Probably not enough wow for the price lol
Old Mar 14, 2016, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm just curious, but what was the "wow factor" that the 08 had that the FE didn't?

I mean, besides the seats, they are the same car. The FE actually has quite a few things that the previous models didn't have actually.. was it just the seats? I know that is turning a LOT of people off from the 2015's (FE and regular).
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdean531
I'm just curious, but what was the "wow factor" that the 08 had that the FE didn't?

I mean, besides the seats, they are the same car. The FE actually has quite a few things that the previous models didn't have actually.. was it just the seats? I know that is turning a LOT of people off from the 2015's (FE and regular).
It came down to money. No one buys an 08 over a new FE if money isn't a factor.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 07:20 AM

It was also somewhat the money too. They were trying to get me to pay close to $550/month just to lease it and kept trying to force me to sign the deal on the spot when i wasnt confortable. I will get a brand new car soon but just not an Evo. Im good with the one i got with low miles and one owner(older gentlemen) and never abused (all service done at Mitsu since day one)
Old Mar 15, 2016, 08:27 AM

Welcome back!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice to hear people are still buying evos even more impressive you went with a 08. Seems like alot of people are abandoning the platform.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 07:17 AM

Im always an Evo fan. Easy to work on and my brother has two IX MR one daily and another almost done being built. Just gotta do some final touch up and we can try to start it. I have friends with Evo 8/9 also so i just wanted to shake some things up with the X and they are pretty suprise with the X lol.

Quick Reply: Old member New ride