Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Nurburgring 2016

Old Mar 31, 2016, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nurburgring 2016

Hey guys, i am new to the forum and im looking to head down to the Nurburgring this year i was wondering if there are any club meet ups this year? Or if there is any track days going down at the ring id love to go

cheers
Old Mar 31, 2016, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Personally I wouldn't race at a track as technical as Nurburgring without at least 200 hours of simulation (like a racing game) of the same track, and being able to recite the ideal speed for every corner like knowing the back of my hands.

For the best interest of yourself, OP, may I ask how many hours of experience do you have on Nurburgring, and in track day racing in general?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
OP, do you have any racing experience? I went to the 'ring last year, it was an awesome experience. I wanted to rent a car to drive it myself...but you have to reserve way in advance. Look up their website to see when are the public days. After setting up your reservation (unless you are driving your own car), contract a Taxi-Ring, they will fly you up and down the track like no one can! They do it for a living and you can grab some tips before you try to drive it. We went pass so many people that didnt know what they were doing that our driver was visibly upset. Any way we hit the track max speed (it was limited last year) in a BMW M3 with no problems and it was an exhilarating experience. You can also do it on a Porsche GT3 in full racing gear. Then grab your car or you rent car and try it for yourself....you wont regret the Taxi experience....guaranteed!!!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirana
OP, do you have any racing experience? I went to the 'ring last year, it was an awesome experience. I wanted to rent a car to drive it myself...but you have to reserve way in advance. Look up their website to see when are the public days. After setting up your reservation (unless you are driving your own car), contract a Taxi-Ring, they will fly you up and down the track like no one can! They do it for a living and you can grab some tips before you try to drive it. We went pass so many people that didnt know what they were doing that our driver was visibly upset. Any way we hit the track max speed (it was limited last year) in a BMW M3 with no problems and it was an exhilarating experience. You can also do it on a Porsche GT3 in full racing gear. Then grab your car or you rent car and try it for yourself....you wont regret the Taxi experience....guaranteed!!!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lightsaber
Makes me want to go since I started playing forza it's a big track