Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lips / Skirt Extensions - Any combos that give an "even" side profile drop?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lips / Skirt Extensions - Any combos that give an "even" side profile drop?

Hey guys, I do not have the Aero Kit on my car, and I've been starting to look into different aftermarket lips and side skirt extensions, as I can't decide if I actually like the Aero Kit or not.

I love a lot of the front lips out there, but almost all of them drop the front end down lower than the side of the car, which I'm not a huge fan of visually (possible OCD). So far the option that I'm leaning towards is the Chargespeed Bottomline Type-1 set, although it's arguably one of the more "boring" options out there.

I really like how the APR front splitters look with the connecting rods that run to the grill, and I feel like those would give a fairly uniform look with skirt extensions, but I'm not really sure which brand of skirts would match those well (carbon weave pattern/size/etc).

I've seen pictures of many heavily modified cars that look amazing, but the entire side skirts were replaced (Varis, etc), which I don't want to do right now (read: can't afford).

Do you guys have any good lip/extension combos that give a fairly even look (pics always welcomed)? Any suggested brands to look at with decent quality, or brands to definitely stay away from?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If i were you, i'd pick up the OEM lip, then get some aluminum sheet and make your own spliter. Also pick up an extra sheet or two for your side skirts. It's what i'm doing And you can make a custom profile to your tastes. I'll have pics in 2-3 weeks when its done, and i'll even be hitting the track so we shall see if it adds significant downforce
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oem aero side skirts goes well with the voltex lip. It worked for me at least.
Name:  image_zpsec689930.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  63.2 KB
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tribal
Oem aero side skirts goes well with the voltex lip. It worked for me at least.
I was thinking about this actually.. the OEM skirts drop the side down a bit, so that probably does balance everything out pretty well.

That picture does look good.. do you have any shots from the side by any chance?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
If i were you, i'd pick up the OEM lip, then get some aluminum sheet and make your own spliter. Also pick up an extra sheet or two for your side skirts. It's what i'm doing And you can make a custom profile to your tastes. I'll have pics in 2-3 weeks when its done, and i'll even be hitting the track so we shall see if it adds significant downforce
Good idea, although I definitely don't have the right tools to do anything like that myself (unless I wanted it to look like crap lol). I'd love to see some pictures of yours once you get it done for sure!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can see the voltex lip and splitter in this one
Name:  image_zpsottaknmb.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  179.5 KB