Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Stolen evo or legit ? Anybody know the owner ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen evo or legit ? Anybody know the owner ?

So i found this black evo online 2010 gsr very clean and dirt cheap with everything working and clean lady claims it wAs her sons who died with his father in a car accident because of a drunk driver she claims shes in colombia so she cant sell it to me but has everything for some ebay "safe method" where its something like it gets delivered to me i have 10 days to try it or whatever if its not what she descriced the car gets sent back and i get my refund and some other **** i have alot of pics of it but no license plate or VIN car looks like it might have been worthy to be featured on here or a Mitsubishi page anybody seen it ? I posted a couple of pics i think they uploaded if they didnt let me know ill send again if possible or through instagram . ( im a eclipse 3g owner hopefully yall wont get on my *** for posting here ) just want to let the owner know people could be getting scammed and he doesn't know and if its legit ill buy the car (4k i what the lady wants)
Attached Thumbnails Stolen evo or legit ? Anybody know the owner ?-image.png  
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Very common scam.. that story comes up all the time
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Use common sense man.. $4k really? For a car that's easily worth $20k?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sure sounds like a scam to me.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:56 PM

I think its a scam to tbh
She has send me the vin number i dont know much about how to make the vin useful i put it in google it does send me to the 2010 evo gsr . Is that program through ebay a legit thing ? The car gets shipped to me i have 10 days to have it whatever ebay holds the money if i cancel she gets the car sent back and ebay gives me my money lmao . Does anyone know the owner so i can let him know his car is being "sold"
Old Jul 10, 2016, 06:57 PM

Not sure if all the pics posted looks like it didnt but there's a sticker in the front not sure what it was but it could give it away and lead to the owner if its not there let me know ill post it
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Write her back with the following:

Why don't you get a real job instead of trying to steal from other people? How do you sleep with yourself at night you worthless pathetic pile of crap? You should do the world a favor and go play on the nearest freeway, at night, wearing all black. Actually you might hurt someone else... Go for self immolation instead, somewhere remote.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I doubt it is stolen. More like it doesn't exist. Easy enough to find a vin number and any number of photos online. Break contact and move on. The only worthy response is what Napalm posted above.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:19 PM

Haha yes ended up being a scam . She sent the vin i asked for the plates and she gave more info about the shipping and how it would work . Haha sucks i got my hopes up i had a feeling it was to good to be real . Thanks guys! Sorry for posting on here , nice quote 4g63lvr haha i guess patience is key i skipped today on a evo at a dealer for 19k also a 2010 gsr with 64k miles it got sold withing days
Old Jul 10, 2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pilosalas
Haha yes ended up being a scam . She sent the vin i asked for the plates and she gave more info about the shipping and how it would work . Haha sucks i got my hopes up i had a feeling it was to good to be real . Thanks guys! Sorry for posting on here , nice quote 4g63lvr haha i guess patience is key i skipped today on a evo at a dealer for 19k also a 2010 gsr with 64k miles it got sold withing days
If you rush it you'll make a mistake. I almost did. I've been looking for several months and almost went with a 2013 with wayyyy less miles. But holding out netted me a newer car with much less in payments (and no down payment). The difference in monthly payments ended up being $100 cheaper with the 2014 I just got. You'll find one if you hold out for a bit. Lots of good cars for sale here too in the classifieds section.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63Lvr
If you rush it you'll make a mistake. I almost did. I've been looking for several months and almost went with a 2013 with wayyyy less miles. But holding out netted me a newer car with much less in payments (and no down payment). The difference in monthly payments ended up being $100 cheaper with the 2014 I just got. You'll find one if you hold out for a bit. Lots of good cars for sale here too in the classifieds section.
I will wait for sure i did that mistake with my 3g . Bought the car with a bad alternator only supposly so wasnt running payed 3k for it wich is what any other good condition eclipse wouldve costed fixed that to find out it leaked sunroof it had a bad alternator batterty bad spark plugs bad valave cover gasket bad ac lines bad compressor bad ac fan clutch with almost not meat and more stuff just fixing it has been more than 3k (i do my own work) only time was at the shop was for the clutch how much was your evo if u dont mind me asking
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pilosalas
how much was your evo if u dont mind me asking
$35,000 but cars here in Puerto Rico are a bit more expensive due to import taxes. New they were around $45k to $50k. Ford dealership here wanted $55k for the new Focus RS which is why I told them to F**K off and ended up getting an Evo again.