Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bye community

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye community

It was a sad day Saturday selling the X and seeing the new owner drive off into the distance with her looking so good

Thanks to everyone in the community for help with both of my Evo's over the last 13 years and providing the place to sell both of them. 230,000 miles driven and only one rear wheel bearing and fuel rail issue (that just caused the car to stall at idle) were the ONLY problems experienced outside of the AYC pump recall.

sure made some great cars, and such a shame it's the end of the line for the Evo.

Anyway on to new things with the blue oval, and hopefully the same quality of experience!

Old Aug 29, 2016, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats... Good luck. How is it?
The following users liked this post:
expatevo (Aug 29, 2016)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 04:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on that Nitrous Blue! I just hit 3k miles on mine and it's a blast to drive... I like driving it often. See you over at focusrs dot org.

I also have an RS since June and then got my FE afterwards in July.... in short, the RS is really a better car all-around than the EvoX. Rightly so considering the decade of advancements & differences. Not knocking down the Evo at all though... heck I bought one, after! Anyway enjoy!
expatevo (Aug 29, 2016)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 04:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
what's up fellow RS owner!!!
expatevo (Aug 29, 2016)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
That would be my replacement
expatevo (Aug 30, 2016)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Good luck with the new ride! My buddies is already burning oil, thankfully covered under warranty lol
expatevo (Aug 30, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 06:50 AM

As if the Evos don't have some type of concerns or probs... smh.

Any car will have something.... even GT3's or M3's, etc. so I wouldn't lose sleep over some non-pandemic news like this. The RS' Ecoboost is pretty stout plus it's also Cosworth developed. And it's still better overall when compared stock vs. stock. The fit, finish, features, refinement, and daily livability is eons above the EvoX.

And it performs at a high level to on & off the track. The X is just more visceral and spartan... and obviously more mods available given that it's been around before FF1 even started. Anyway best wishes to the new ride!
expatevo (Aug 31, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had a meme with the star wars storm trooper yelling "TRAITOR", it would go here!!

Congrats on the RS! I've been having thought of that transition as well but I'm not ready to go back to car payments and loans! If there was any car out there I would consider for a trade... its that RS! Let us knows how it drives!
expatevo (Aug 31, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I don't think the OP was knocking the RS, just saying something about his buddies car..

I hope to get a chance to get behind the wheel of one soon. I still hate that Mitsu is killing the Evo, but this might be the best replacement.

Love the front end, but the back is so so IMO..
expatevo (Aug 31, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Congrats on the new car. At least it wasn't an STI lol.

-pal215
The following 2 users liked this post by Pal215:
expatevo (Aug 31, 2016), jhkuse (Aug 31, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the posts! Initial impressions of the RS as some of you have said is that it's more refined than the X, but then that was an upgrade on the 8!!

Having driven 600 miles now, I have to say stock RS pulls like a train, the suspension is weird in comparison, my X was stock but solid, the RS seems to have a bounce to the stock setup and it makes the car very light to drive.

The biggest issue i have with the car is it's too quiet, especially as i've ditched the synthesized engine noise unit out of the trunk, i think a new exhaust is in order, but apart from that I doubt that I will do too much else, it really does seem like a great car from stock.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know.. I can't warm up to the RS, maybe because I think its a bit over styled, maybe because if its driven hard it becomes FWD and there isn't a solution so far. Seems for now its a car best left stock, so if warranty issues arise, you'd have coverage. OP, enjoy it and best of luck!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dandbest
I don't know.. I can't warm up to the RS, maybe because I think its a bit over styled, maybe because if its driven hard it becomes FWD and there isn't a solution so far. Seems for now its a car best left stock, so if warranty issues arise, you'd have coverage. OP, enjoy it and best of luck!
I just feel the RS is a cheap platform, no aluminum in the body or suspension, no factory camber adjustments it's just not on the same level in the hardware. The AWD system could have been way more developed but they cut costs by using the escape system plus the new RDU.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Dandbest
Basically becomes FWD? What's going on with that?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ugakirk
Basically becomes FWD? What's going on with that?
It doesn't actually have a differential in the rear it just uses clutch packs to send the power to the rear and when they're and when they're overheated it doesn't have any way to drive the rear end it's not just the rear clutch packs being overheated I believe it's the active Center as well people really don't know what's going on with it. also you cant check the fluid so if you overheat automatic transmission fluid in the rear end you have no idea the condition unlike the evo that has a sight glass
ugakirk (Sep 1, 2016)

Quick Reply: Bye community