Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Exhaust too QUEIT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exhaust too QUEIT!!!!!

Hello,

Like stated in the title, my exhuast (to me) sounds way too quiet. I currently have the ultimate racing dual cat back exhaust with the mini muffler mid pipe. My previous car (350z HR) had the invidia N1 exhaust and that thing was loud. Now I contacted ultimate racing to purchase just the mid pipe with no muffler or resonator and they wanted $380!! The next option I can think of is taking my current exhaust to an exhaust shop and have them cut out the muffler and weld on a straight mid pipe. Have anyone done this? Pros and cons? I'm assuming the drone would get worst?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I had this done with the same exhaust. Sounds way better.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had mine done a few months ago with a different exhaust and it sounds perfect. It's not too loud and not too quiet. I have set off a few very sensitive car alarms, but that's from parking right next to them not simply driving by. The exhaust flows a lot smoother as well.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brentraby
I just had mine done a few months ago with a different exhaust and it sounds perfect. It's not too loud and not too quiet. I have set off a few very sensitive car alarms, but that's from parking right next to them not simply driving by. The exhaust flows a lot smoother as well.
I know shops will vary but how much did you pay to get yours done?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
I had this done with the same exhaust. Sounds way better.

How much did you pay to get it done? Is the drone doable?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:41 AM

I have the Ultimate Racing turbo back with the mini-muffler where the cat goes, and the 2 mufflers in the back with angle cut 3" tips. I thought it sounded fine. Got louder after about 6 months. Didn't rattle my kidneys like the corksport exhaust on my Masdaspeed6. I'll have the system for sale eventually. Post count is too low to sell stuff right now. It should be cheaper if you take the mid-pipe off yourself and take it to a reputable shop. Try to find a place that will tig it, and back purge the pipe. If they just do some half assed meineke muffler mig weld hack job with flux core wire and no back purge you're gonna have a bad time.
This is(was) my car.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by joonvang
I know shops will vary but how much did you pay to get yours done?
I paid $75. It was done at a shop while I was still in Texas. Fortunately, they give good deals to Soldiers.