Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Max 10 psi Issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max 10 psi Issue

Car is hitting only ~10psi and max target is 24 psi. Installed a new cobb 3 port and a new ETS uicp. No squeal while driving or sound like boost leak and consistently hitting only ~10psi. All the 3 port hoses are connected fully and routed to the correct locations. It was a brand new 3 port but could it be bad out of the box?

Disconnected and reconnected all the hoses and 3 port and reset ECU through accessport, and still the same result.

Has anybody had this issue and found the fix for it? Cobb is closed on weekends and I plan on contacting them monday and asking questions and asking for a new 3 port
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
which color plug did you plug into? Should be brown plug

Also, which hose do you have connected to what?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
which color plug did you plug into? Should be brown plug

Also, which hose do you have connected to what?
Brown into new 3 port and black into old black. Port 1 into intake, port 2 into wastegate, and port 3 into compressor on the j pipe
Old Mar 26, 2017, 08:06 PM

Got a ralliart but it seems you might have the same issue I was having.

After installing 3 port and a Cobb AP I couldn't pass 10-13 psi for a while, took my car to get it checked out/tuned and was told that the ECU can't communicate with the EBC, he even had a spare 3 port and tested and same result. my only options were to buy a new ECU or switch over to a manual boost controller. Did the MBC option and left the 3 port connected to the harness to avoid a CEL. According to him, he's seen this issue many times and not sure if it's the AP, the ECU or 3 port that's causing the issue.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ralli_angel
Got a ralliart but it seems you might have the same issue I was having.

After installing 3 port and a Cobb AP I couldn't pass 10-13 psi for a while, took my car to get it checked out/tuned and was told that the ECU can't communicate with the EBC, he even had a spare 3 port and tested and same result. my only options were to buy a new ECU or switch over to a manual boost controller. Did the MBC option and left the 3 port connected to the harness to avoid a CEL. According to him, he's seen this issue many times and not sure if it's the AP, the ECU or 3 port that's causing the issue.

i installed a uicp the same time, I had a boost leak somewhere along there was what caused my issue, not sure if this could be yours too
Old Apr 3, 2017, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by WW14
i installed a uicp the same time, I had a boost leak somewhere along there was what caused my issue, not sure if this could be yours too
Boost leak could very well be the issue, just because you dont hear a leak doesnt mean its not there. Ask me how I know