Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is this Evo worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this Evo worth it?

EDIT: Made a new post with pictures and a little more info. Going to post a copy of it here so it's easier to see.

Going to bump this as im still really interested in the car. The car is built for 1400hp and is currently at 707hp. It is 99.99% Rust free according to the owner and the exterior looks new. Would love some input on wether this car is worth it or not. I have already looked up maintence costs and insurance so that wont be a problem.

PICTURES: https://www.garaget.org/?car=85085

Here is a large Swedish website in which the car is featured and you can see lots of pictures of it. I appreciate all help I can get.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! So I have been looking for an Evo for awhile now and think I have found a pretty nice one. But since I am not that experience it would be awesome to get some opinions and help. It is a Evo 6 TME with 130,000 Km, Engine was changed at 127,000 KM. He is asking for 295,000 SEK or around 32,000 USD. The specs was in Swedish but I was able to translate some of it to English, hope that it's enough to get an opinion on the car. There is no rust or scratches on the car. Also, how are these cars keeping their value? I am a little worried since the car is over 17 years old now. Thanks in advance!

Here are some of the specs:

NEW COSWORTH BLOCK 2.2 From COSWORTH NEW CYLINDER HEAD FROM COSWORTH

Engine bottom

Cosworth Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
Cosworth Forged 85mm Pistons (86mm w/ 2.2L)
Cosworth High Performance Piston Rings
Cosworth Race Spec Coated Tri-Metal Bearings
Cosworth High Performance Main Bearing Studs
New Mitsubishi EVO 88mm Crankshaft (Cosworth Billet 94mm Crankshaft optional)
New Mitsubishi 4G63 EVO Engine Case
Fully Balanced and Professionally assembled

Cosworth CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder Heads for the 2001-2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII-VIII 4G63BT (2.0L) are designed for high performance and maximum horsepower and torque. The CNC ported cylinder heads feature dyno tested and flow bench proven ports, engineered for maximum usable power. Each new cylinder head is ported on a 5 axis machine to ensure consistency and perfect port shape every time. Additionally, larger intake (+1mm) and exhaust valves (+1mm) are utilized to help increase flow. Cosworth CNC ported Big Valve cylinder heads come complete with a performance valve job, hi rev (max 10,500rpm) valve springs with titanium retainers and are ready to install. Perfect for high performance applications and designed for excellent torque and turbo response
Features
•CNC Ported/Machined finish port- New Castings
•Hand blended finish work
•Intake 20% (max) increased flow
•Exhaust 22% (max) increased flow
•4-angle Inlet Valve job
•3-angle & radius Exhaust Valve job
•Valves are lapped
•Back-Cut Inlet Valves
•Heads are Ultra Sonic cleaned prior to assembly
•Heads are Serialized and sport a machined Cosworth logo
•+1mm Stainless Steel Intake Valves (1800 degrees max.)
•+1mm Inconel Exhaust Valves (2400 degrees max.)
•Performance Valve Springs
•Titanium Retainers
•Hardened Steel Spring Platforms
•Knife edged port divider

NEW TURBO GARRETT GTX3582R
Exedy Racing Stage 4 Hyper Twin Cerametallic Clutch
3'' Exhaust System
M&W IGNITION PRO12S
AMS VSR 8 Injector Intake manifold
BREMBO BREAKS
SPARCO SEATS
THROTTLEKICKER
RACECAT
Fast Road / Race Powerflex Complete Bush Kit
xxr 527

Last edited by Lukas0120; Apr 30, 2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: updated with more info and pics
Old Apr 23, 2017, 07:05 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Any pictures?

Depends what you're going for. This is probably going to require a lot of maintenance. Not up front, but through the years. By upgrading everything, dependability goes down a bit so you'll need to stay up on it. Are you ok with that?

These cars are increasingly more difficult to find, so some are willing to pay these prices for sure. I'm just skeptical of all of those mods.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Is the Evo 6 TME left hand drive, or right hand drive? LHD Evo 6's are much more valuable, because they did not make as many and there are no cheap ones coming out of the LHD countries they were exported to - like Germany.

Compare the car against similar cars in your area to see if it is priced accordingly.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin
Is the Evo 6 TME left hand drive, or right hand drive? LHD Evo 6's are much more valuable, because they did not make as many and there are no cheap ones coming out of the LHD countries they were exported to - like Germany.

Compare the car against similar cars in your area to see if it is priced accordingly.
It's a LHD, it's not a lot on the market here atm, only a few ones thats almost stock
Old Apr 25, 2017, 09:15 AM

Unless you can do it yourself... be sure to have a shop check it out.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 09:56 AM

Going to bump this as im still really interested in the car. The car is built for 1400hp and is currently at 707hp. It is 99.99% Rust free according to the owner and the exterior looks new. Would love some input on wether this car is worth it or not. I have already looked up maintence costs and insurance so that wont be a problem.

PICTURES: https://www.garaget.org/?car=85085

Here is a large Swedish website in which the car is featured and you can see lots of pictures of it. I appreciate all help I can get.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:00 AM
EvoM Community Team

I think the car could be worth that, but you have to ask yourself if you want to do maintenance on this car? High end mods like that require constant attention. If you aren't looking for a high HP car that requires that attention, then I'd pass.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
I think the car could be worth that, but you have to ask yourself if you want to do maintenance on this car? High end mods like that require constant attention. If you aren't looking for a high HP car that requires that attention, then I'd pass.
I am definetly a beginner regarding these cars, but I am trying to gather as much information as I can every day. I was more of a motorcycle guy and I handled all the maintenance myself so I could definetly do that once I get some more experience. And if there are something I couldnt fix myself then I have a nearby shop that are really experienced with Evos, it's also the place were this car were tuned.

One more thing, do you think this car could be used daily? Of course I am not going to rev it like crazy and abuse it
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lukas0120
Going to bump this as im still really interested in the car.
Go for it! It is clear you want the car, so don't let us talk you out of it. I would however, suggest swapping in a smaller turbo. Unless you really want that much hp and don't mind the lag.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 04:30 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Lukas0120
One more thing, do you think this car could be used daily? Of course I am not going to rev it like crazy and abuse it
How many kilometers are you talking?

That's a TON of power for a daily... if you have traffic that could easily translate into choppy commute. I don't think it was a bad suggestion to swap a smaller turbo.

If you are indeed completely new to these cars, I'd highly suggest what the other poster suggested and swapping a smaller turbo and get used to that first. I'd estimate that only about 1% of the drivers on Evolutionm.net can handle that kind of power. In a straight line, sure, but with corners that is a ton of power.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Why not just go test drive the car? You will know right away if its 'right' for you.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin
Why not just go test drive the car? You will know right away if its 'right' for you.
It's a 4 hour drive away so want to make sure it's a good deal and everything looks good before I do that. But probably going there on Saturday