Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

FE recaro seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FE recaro seats

I know I have read threads regarding this before but has any one been able to find a place where we can get these recaro FE seats without having to pay an arm and a leg. I mean any insider from Canada with the hook ups or if we can get a group buy that we can get them for a good price.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Find pair on EBay with the airbag deployed. Get them re-upholstered - install in car. You lack one curtain airbag from side of seat - big woo. Enjoy Recaros in seat.

Option 2 - Get aftermarket seat of your choice - follow guides online how to defeat seat weight sensor - enjoy new ??? seats in FE Evo

You have options lots of people done this
Old Apr 24, 2017, 04:59 AM

I haven't seen a pair of Final edition recaros seats on ebay. But I always check ebay to see if it comes up.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lufu
I haven't seen a pair of Final edition recaros seats on ebay. But I always check ebay to see if it comes up.
You misunderstand -

Just find Recaro seats from any Evolution 10 (X) model. There is no specific 'FE' seat available at least not outside of Canada or Japan for big big dollars.

Bulletproof automotive has a lot of seat options as well if you want to get new.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:01 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Napalm, I think that's his point. He wants the red stitched recaros that are only in Japan and Canada I believe.

You're better off finding a used set and getting them upholstered. That's my plan. I bought a used set that were in really good condition and put them in until I feel like I don't care for them anymore then I'll get them redone in alcantara.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 09:05 AM

^^^^ correct migs647 that is what I want. If you think about it would be a rare thing to see an US FE with those recaros seats especially if I decide to keep my evo. Then again that is only if I can find them with out breaking the bank.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

You'll have to drop at least 6k I'm guesstimating to make that dream happen. I'd re-upholster with red stitching and call it a day. Or simply get the standard leather recaros and go over the white stitching with a red Sharpie. Yes, it's that easy. Permanent - died - red. Done.

If you're balling out of control, by all means go forth! But I think like most you will realize there are a lot of good options out there that aren't 6+k
Old Apr 24, 2017, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
There is a Canadian ebay car parts seller that seems to move recaros - at least they have in the past. Eventually, a FE will die up there. So wait.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I had a connection in Canada and they can sell you all the parts it will come down to 5K US a seat. So i decided to find a pair on ebay and do fix it to match the FE.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Btw this question keeps coming every week.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...seat-swap.html
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw some on a Japanese auction site for $2kish, but good luck getting them over here. They won't ship because they're hazardous materials due to the airbags.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:32 AM

Has anyone contacted a Canadian dealer to see if they'll price some out?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Any Canadian Mitsubishi parts department should be able to get them for you. Just have to pay for them. But there are far better, and cheaper, seats out there. If you have deep pockets and don't care about cost, get some Porsche GT3 seats.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin
Any Canadian Mitsubishi parts department should be able to get them for you. Just have to pay for them. But there are far better, and cheaper, seats out there. If you have deep pockets and don't care about cost, get some Porsche GT3 seats.
I'll keep looking then thanks for the porsche seat suggestion.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Yeah that's your best bet. Used is your only option for the FE up here in Canada as far as I know. I called my local dealer with a 2015 FE VIN through my work account and got the following retail prices:

Driver/Passenger side cushions - $3,247.20 CAD retail each.
Driver/Passenger side backs - $5,329.02 CAD retail each.

So you're looking at $8,576.22 CAD plus taxes per seat.

The best part of all that is... they're all on "backorder" AKA can't even get them. Knowing the limited number of Final Editions on this continent that were sold with the Recaros, I can't ever see Mitsubishi bringing these and stocking them.

It looks like your options are either to find a wrecked FE in Canada, settle for 2008-2014 non-FE seats, settle for the ****ty 1998 Corolla seats you 'Mericans got, or go aftermarket.
The following users liked this post:
Freddy13 (Jun 26, 2017)

Quick Reply: FE recaro seats