Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cusco rear strut bar owners: did installing the bar require cutting factory plastic?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Question Cusco rear strut bar owners: did installing the bar require cutting factory plastic?

Cusco rear strut bar owners: did installing the bar require cutting factory plastic?-fqmoriz.jpg

Here is a picture of the Cusco rear strut bar installed, from Celtic Motorsport's webpage. I'm wondering if installing the bar requires the factory plastic cover (for the battery and washer fluid) be cut in some ways to fit. I myself want to retain the plastic cover as much as possible to keep a neat look and prevent luggages from damaging the battery mount.

I really appreciate any inputs, and thanks in advance.

Edit: It's somewhat real hard for find any relevant information, but I found an old post that appears to suggest no cutting is needed:

Last edited by Lightsaber; Jun 2, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added information
Old Jun 2, 2017, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
NO No its no necessary to cut the factory plastic. Only if you buy Suspension Strut Brace-Rear MITSUBISHI.OEM MZ574598EX
Old Jun 2, 2017, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo 1768
NO No its no necessary to cut the factory plastic. Only if you buy Suspension Strut Brace-Rear MITSUBISHI.OEM MZ574598EX
Oh wow, thanks a lot!!! I was debating whether I need a shop with fabrication capacity to install the strut brace. Since no cutting of the factory plastic is needed to retain the plastic cover, I'm going to simply call my dealer to install it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Postscript

I just had the Cusco strut bar mounted!!!! The cover can be re-installed perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you evo 1768!!!