Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Clutch and Gearbox

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch and Gearbox

Everytime I shift to 3rd or shift into Reverse, it always grinds. Also my clutch squeaks everytime I push it in. Any recommendations for a good clutch system that the clutch is soft and I'm able to shift smoother and faster?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by dxn036
Everytime I shift to 3rd or shift into Reverse, it always grinds. Also my clutch squeaks everytime I push it in. Any recommendations for a good clutch system that the clutch is soft and I'm able to shift smoother and faster?
You should start with changing out your transmission fluid and getting a heavier shift ball before you start moving on to the more expensive things.

If you can wrench yourself: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14420

A lot of people I've read have said good things about this cocktail for the fluid:

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...ishi-evo-x-gsr

As for a heavier shifter that could help. Past that you could have a synchro issue if you have a grind into third, so you may be looking at more expensive fixes if the fluid change etc. don't help.

If you end up needing work done, you are in CA so you could look up 5150 they are really great with EVO's.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Does the clutch slip? How many miles on it?

I think fluid would be a waste on a already grinding trans.

It could be a clutch issue. With the pressure plate not fully colapsing or it may need to be re synchrod and inspected for further damage to gear stack.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be bad synchros or clutch drag either way drag kills synchros, an exedy twin non rigid would take care of trans and give u best shifting experience also DD friendly