Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fresh Final Edition, Build List.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fresh Final Edition, Build List.

How's it going guys I have a 2015 Evo Final Edition, looking to start modding soon, so far I have an ETS intake, and AEM Boost and Wideband gauges. Below is the mods I am planning to make and will update the thread as progress is made (hopefully in the next couple months)
Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

List is literally everything that I'm getting for the car, let me know if you think there's something I am missing that goes with another part or not. Thanks

Michelin A/S PS 3's 255/40/18
Cosmis XT-005R White 18x9 +25 (TE37's White 18x9.5 +22 would be a dream)
Manzo Cat Back Exhaust
Rexspeed SSS Painted Vortex Generator
Grimmspeed EBCS
ETS Intercooler 3.5"
ETS Uicp
ETS Licp
ETS Recirculated O2 Eliminator DP
ETS High Flow Cat Test Pipe
RallyArmor Mudflaps Red
Zeitronix Ethanol Content Analyzer
Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Ortiz Custom Gauge Pods
Braum Advance Series Sport Seats

And lastly a Tune from Dr. Boost in San Diego

Thanks again for the feedback!

Last edited by iBrandinho; Sep 12, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 06:36 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
What are you planning on using the car for?

Why are you looking at 18x9 wheels? Most do 18x9.5 or wider. Haven't heard of that catback. Haven't heard of those seats. Haven't seen enough data on those wheels to know weight and strength.

Otherwise seems like a pretty basic bolt-on flex fuel build. Do you plan on tracking? For show?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
What are you planning on using the car for?

Why are you looking at 18x9 wheels? Most do 18x9.5 or wider. Haven't heard of that catback. Haven't heard of those seats. Haven't seen enough data on those wheels to know weight and strength.

Otherwise seems like a pretty basic bolt-on flex fuel build. Do you plan on tracking? For show?
Car would be used as a daily driver, I can provide links below for the items you have questions on, wheels, only options they had are 18×9 +25mm 5×114.3 and 18×10 +20mm 5×114.3 for the correct bolt pattern, I'm fairly new to mods and all, which size would you recommend? I contacted Cosmis Wheels and they said the 18x9 would clear the brake caliper, not sure for the 18x10. Manzo Exhaust, I'll leave a link to a video below that I found on youtube, also heard good things about them. Same thing about seats my buddy had some Braum seats in his 240 and loved them, black with red stitching matches the interior as well. I am open to recommendations for daily driving seats though, comfort wise.

Below are the links for the wheels, exhaust, and seats. Thanks for the feedback brotha.
Wheels
https://www.cosmisusa.com/product/xt-005r/

Exhaust

Seats
http://www.braumracing.com/product/e...ats-black-red/
Old Sep 13, 2017, 08:40 AM

These are also another set of seats I was looking into..
http://corbeau.com/sportline-evolution.html
Old Sep 13, 2017, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I question is the exhaust. You have a lot of high end parts on the list and a cheap exhaust? Speaking from someone with a cheap exhaust, spend the money on something quality.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 03:37 PM

Good note, gonna do some more research, what would you recommend?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by iBrandinho
Good note, gonna do some more research, what would you recommend?
I was also looking into that Exhaust. I've contacted a few people across multiple platforms that are running it and have zero complaints. Yeah its stainless so its heavier than the Tomei TI i was looking at, but still seems to have a nice exhaust note for what I'm looking for in a price range that makes me very happy.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rmurray603
I was also looking into that Exhaust. I've contacted a few people across multiple platforms that are running it and have zero complaints. Yeah its stainless so its heavier than the Tomei TI i was looking at, but still seems to have a nice exhaust note for what I'm looking for in a price range that makes me very happy.
Glad to hear that you've got positive feedback, I've been doing research myself on it I love the sound it produces, I'm also looking into exhaust from Ultimate Racing. Haven't looked at Tomei yet I'll see what they got too.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:01 AM

Glad to hear that you've got positive feedback, I've been doing research myself on it I love the sound it produces, I'm also looking into exhaust from Ultimate Racing. Haven't looked at Tomei yet I'll see what they got too.
Tomei is beautiful. Single exit Catback, titanium so it weighs like 10lbs. fantastic build quality, but at a premium cost. Dont get me wrong, I love the way it looks and sounds but I cant justify the price right now.

just my 2 cents
The following users liked this post:
iBrandinho (Sep 14, 2017)
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Being in sunny SD, why not run summer tires?

I live in the northeast. And our winters are brutal. So I run all seasons for convenience. If I was in Socal I'd definitely run summer tires.

And I'd check out RRE(Road Race Engineering) for their parts, expertise and tune.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

I see your Navy plates. And your Army vet handle. Guessing you're prior Army now Navy? Dual service.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by donny_utah
Being in sunny SD, why not run summer tires?

I live in the northeast. And our winters are brutal. So I run all seasons for convenience. If I was in Socal I'd definitely run summer tires.

And I'd check out RRE(Road Race Engineering) for their parts, expertise and tune.
I was thinking about just going summer but I might make some unexpected road trips you know? So I rather have all season just to be safe lol
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by donny_utah
I see your Navy plates. And your Army vet handle. Guessing you're prior Army now Navy? Dual service.
And negative, I'm Army, those plates on that video belongs to someone else, I just linked the video because that is the exhaust I'm interested in.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking about just going summer but I might make some unexpected road trips you know? So I rather have all season just to be safe lol
Right on. The Michelin Pilot Sport as 3 + are the highest rated UHPAS. Good call on the Michelins.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 07:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Why on earth would you purchase wheels that aren't as wide as stock but tires that are wider?

Quick Reply: Fresh Final Edition, Build List.