Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much should I list my Evo for?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Nobody is slamming you. This is business not personal. All I see is people giving you advise, nobody has insulted you. I get this feedback isn't what you were expecting, but this isn't some kind of safe space lol.
Safe space? lol

I don't mind the bashing man. It's the negativity in the comments I don't like. Plus, the majority of the replies are from MR owners. Now, I'm not bashing that fact, but consumers don't want MR's, thus the cars are usually sold cheaper than GSR's from what I've seen in the past. I'm sure there are GSR owners that feel the same though.

I'm cool with the car being worth what it's worth. But I spent months and months on end searching for an Evo X with lower mileage, and not once did I ever see any that were below $26k, SSS or base that fit that description. Any of the Evo's I have seen for $25k and under, were all high mileage bolt on cars. At least my car is flawless aside from the TPMS and strut mount. Engine bay is flawless, interior is new, etc. I'm out for the consumer market, not KBB. Dude acting like 26k would be generous is hysterical to me, at best.

Anyways lol I asked for this, and I somewhat appreciate the feedback. Better pictures and a price drop. Okay
Old Sep 14, 2017, 05:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought my 14 GSR this past May with 39k miles. My bank valued the car at 28.1K which is what I paid. I searched for over a year and not once did I find a low milage '13 or '14 GSR in the price range mentioned above. OP, my only advice would to at least put tires on the car.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 05:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Glws
Old Sep 14, 2017, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by GeminiEvo
I bought my 14 GSR this past May with 39k miles. My bank valued the car at 28.1K which is what I paid. I searched for over a year and not once did I find a low milage '13 or '14 GSR in the price range mentioned above. OP, my only advice would to at least put tires on the car.

Agreed man I feel your pain!

I am willing to throw a fresh set of rubber on it when it sells. I would have already done so but life has it out for me at the moment lol
Old Sep 15, 2017, 05:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You have a "Bad" column in your ad. Enough said. 26-28k is reasonable
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would NEVER buy that for $31,000. Especially considering where I live they have a BRAND NEW Evo x going for $35,000. Your car should be priced at 27k. Fix your problems before selling it also.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
if it's not selling, the price is too high, period. supply and demand.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Taylormayne
I disagree.

All that typing, and the biggest thing is the pictures lol.

If you don't like the pictures, ask for more. I have the car posted in a bunch of places and all of which have different pictures. If you would like to bring some fancy camera down here to take pictures, I'm okay with that. Whatever makes you happy baby girl
I speak from experience you're just upset because the answers you received don't fit the ideas you had in your head.

I had a Wicked White 2014 Sight and sound EVO, leather, the works. MR, tuned by the best in the world, minimal modifications, ran like a dream ZERO issues. New tires, etc.. Should have could have would have gotten 31k etc. That thing sat and sat (This is a NICE EVO) for months. Kept dropping price. Let it go for around 27.

That's reality. Talk all you want but you're not going to get close to 30 for that car. Period.

The only realistic responses that you call 'slamming' in this thread, are the ones counseling you to drop your price. That's what you need to do, and yes, your pictures are trash and would impact your ability to sell at ANY price.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I disagree.

All that typing, and the biggest thing is the pictures lol.

If you don't like the pictures, ask for more. I have the car posted in a bunch of places and all of which have different pictures. If you would like to bring some fancy camera down here to take pictures, I'm okay with that. Whatever makes you happy baby girl
Baby girl? I didn't even catch this **** rofl.

I made a reasonable suggestion because your pictures blow *** and you start talking all this ****?

ROFL

Done trying to help your stupid ***. You won't post up here when that piece sells for 25k because you're not man enough to. Keep living that 30k pipedream for your base model broken car.
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Sep 15, 2017)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I figured it out for you bro...... Put about $6,000 into more modifications and fix the issues and THEN you sell it for $31k?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 08:46 AM
NuJ

Lucky to get $26k? People are selling their 2008-2012's, with more miles, for $26k and more. Not to mention, 2003's to 2006's are being sold at twice their book value, and still selling. I don't feel like that's even realistic. Maybe if you go by KBB private sell, that'd be close. I rarely see these cars posted for bottom dollar KBB values. Prior opinions on the Evo X pages on Facebook, were saying $30-31k.

Modded with mechanical issues.. The car is bone dead stock aside from the intake. I wouldn't really say it's modified. As for the upper strut mount, that's the only issue with the car and is a cheap simple fix.

Thanks for your opinion, though I think a bit short.

Thanks
Did you see people advertising 08-12 for that much or did it actually get sold? The VIII and IX were made for a combined 5 years, X alone was made for 8.

When I was in the market for one in late 2015, I found a white 2014 GSR with 8k miles. The guy wanted $35k. I immediately turned him down, I can get a brand new one at the dealership for that much (I stupidly thought at the time) and not have to worry about what it was put through in 8k miles. He went on a rant about how valuable the X is, I ended up just hanging up because I couldn't get him to shut up for 2 seconds to say "thank you for your time". He called me FOUR times over a YEAR to ask if I still wanted to buy it, each time lowering the price by $1-2k.

If you believe your car is bone stock, it shouldn't be a problem putting the stock parts back on. Doing that will do nothing but help you sell your car easier.

Your location matters. You could probably get 31k in SoCal considering how jacked the prices are here, as of 2015 anyways.

I would suggest more detailed pictures with better light. Probably get some pics around sunset. If you're going to list issues with the car, you should probably show a pic of it (ex. your tires). You definitely need more interior pics, there isn't even one of the seat.

Didn't look like anyone here was trying to bash you. In fact, it looks like everyone is trying to help. You're free to sell your car for what you see fit, but you mentioned you needed funds for a house (which was a bad idea to put in the ad IMO). Hold out for $31k if you truly want that much and don't absolutely need the money.

Good luck with your sale .

Last edited by NuJ; Sep 15, 2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Want to sell it for the same price as a dealership?

Probably need to have dealership type of sales pitch and advertising.

i.e. high quality pictures, more pictures, better format on your advert. There's a dealership not too far from me that has a reputation for dealing with modified cars and selling them for more than they're actually worth... including Evos.

You might take a page out of their book and step to their level before wondering why yours isn't selling like you thought it would. www.cosmomotorsonline.com
Old Sep 15, 2017, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would you buy this same car with the same issues for $31k?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by DBomb117
You have a "Bad" column in your ad. Enough said. 26-28k is reasonable
its for $29,000

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I would NEVER buy that for $31,000. Especially considering where I live they have a BRAND NEW Evo x going for $35,000. Your car should be priced at 27k. Fix your problems before selling it also.
dont buy it lol. Got offered $28k today. Car will sell lol

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
I speak from experience you're just upset because the answers you received don't fit the ideas you had in your head.

I had a Wicked White 2014 Sight and sound EVO, leather, the works. MR, tuned by the best in the world, minimal modifications, ran like a dream ZERO issues. New tires, etc.. Should have could have would have gotten 31k etc. That thing sat and sat (This is a NICE EVO) for months. Kept dropping price. Let it go for around 27.

That's reality. Talk all you want but you're not going to get close to 30 for that car. Period.

The only realistic responses that you call 'slamming' in this thread, are the ones counseling you to drop your price. That's what you need to do, and yes, your pictures are trash and would impact your ability to sell at ANY price.
Not upset lol. You are upset. MR is not a GSR lol. MR's have higher depreciation as nobody wants an auto Evo. My 02. Don't get butthurt because I called you baby girl, baby girl. Ain't tryna hurt your feels here
Old Sep 15, 2017, 07:05 PM

The butthurt is far too real here and has gone too far lol. Simply asked for honest opinions, not booty hurt replies that it's far too high, or pictures. The car has been dropped to $29,000, and that's lower than even the Evo pages on FB suggested.

I almost feel bad with the amount of seriousness here lol.. y'all too hurt. I got what I needed, though. I don't need any more replies

Good day all! cheer up ����

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: OT

Quick Reply: How much should I list my Evo for?