Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New Evo X Owner

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo X Owner

A couple weeks ago I purchased a 2012 MR and plan on doing a little bit of modifying very soon but had a question about whats currently on the vehicle.

For the most part the car seems completely stock as far as performance upgrades go, the previous owner put on what seems to be a really cheap air intake (spectre), which is something you would see in auto zone if I remember right. Secondly the car has mufflers that I would assume are from ebay because I can't find the brand anywhere online, has a plaque that says "GodSnow" on the bottom. It just kind of seemed really odd to me because he also put air ride suspension on the car which I would assume isn't cheap.

What bothers me about this I guess is that with the car he left an Accessport that seems to have the v.403 stage 3 93 octane MAP currently flashed. I don't understand how the car could effectively be running that OTS tune without the proper mods. If the car is running okay should I just leave it be or would flashing back to stock most likely be better until I get some actual mods on the car?

New to Evo's, coming from driving a bolt on 5.0, thanks in advance.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome!

I'd look at what Cobb shows for parts to utilize the stage 3 map and see if your car has all of those. Then determine from there if you need to change OTS maps. I'm assuming the Cobb AP was included in the sale.

Also, the maps are really conservative.

As a side note, I've run stage 1, 3, and 4 maps with non-Cobb parts, but similar items and my car ran great until I got a real tune.