Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

HKS has discontinued Super Turbo exhaust for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
HKS has discontinued Super Turbo exhaust for Evo X

I have been trying to order this and HKS seems to have indeed discontinued it. No one, including Bulletproof, seems to have stock left over anymore, and HKS will not produce new ones.

Edit: Thanks for everyone's input!!!! I am going to make some attempts to see if I can successfully order one. Still hoping I'm in the States, as it's slightly harder to find someone who will ship to Canada.

Last edited by Lightsaber; Feb 9, 2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Thanks for everyone's input!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They changed from 31029-AM003 to 31029-AM004 and started calling it the Final Edition Super Turbo. Not sure how it differs from the old AM003 option, but it's still in stock at Evasive and a few other places Stateside as well as the usual Japanese JDM supply shops (nengun, blackhawk, etc).
Old Feb 8, 2018, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber
I have been trying to order this and HKS seems to have indeed discontinued it. No one, including Bulletproof, seems to have stock left over anymore, and HKS will not produce new ones.
I recently ordered one from one of our vendors on this forum (OakosAutomotive) and got it in 3 days. You can send them a PM and ask if they have any more in stock.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.dsgperformance.com/hks-s...-exhaust-evo-x

njoy!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Epilogue

I was indeed able to get a brand new HKS Super Turbo catback exhaust from HKS. Bulletproof (huge thanks to them) got words from HKS that the exhaust remains available, so I paid on June 15, 2018 and it arrived at my Mitsubishi dealer last Friday. Thank heavens and HKS that they did not discontinue the production.

Summary:
• Very nice tuner car tone you would expect from something JDM. With windows down, both the exhaust turbine's note and the blow-off valve's chirp are pronounced.
• With windows up, it's quiet almost like stock, but the tone is far more refined. Stock sounds like Lancer/Civic/Subaru, but this HKS reminds me Porsche's H6.
• No drone.
• Stock has an obnoxious resonating rasp at 80 mph (130 km/h) and above. HKS has eliminated it and now it's far more pleasant at such speeds.

Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:38 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Those welds on the midpipe don't look that good. I've seen better from HKS. Here's a photo of a Greddy muffler and piping from their GT Evo series

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
bringing back a year old thread but im considering getting this exhaust and im tying to hear what it sounds like. if you see this please post clips so that I can have a listen. thanks!!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue_Lion
bringing back a year old thread but im considering getting this exhaust and im tying to hear what it sounds like. if you see this please post clips so that I can have a listen. thanks!!

By the way, the fake titanium tint actually looks a lot more natural and realist, as my HKS Super Turbo is older (and dirtier ) now.