Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Road to 700HP

Old Mar 17, 2018, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Road to 700HP

Its time! I have finally begun the road to 700HP on my Evo 10 FE. as of right now, i have K&N Typhoon intake installed. Tomei DP/straight pipe/exhuast, and Cobb AP V3 yet to be installed.

I like to get some input from Evo 10 tuners, what i can expect on the dyno with this mod so far? i've looked at the dyno section and see that a lot of the bolt on dynos include an after market intercooler. is this necessary to reach 350awhp?

my next item in line to upgrade is a stroker kit (not sure which one yet), a bigger turbo, and flywheel/clutch since the motor is coming out. From my last post about a year ago, someone had recommended the 6466 turbo(capable of 900HP), which i'm really considering going with. however, i would prefer a turbo that is rated closer to 800HP or under as i feel that the turbo is performing at its full potential. i dont plan on maximizing the upgrade's potential yet, but would like to get that piece of the puzzle out of the equation until further supporting mod are installed.

My goal is to hit over 700HP. No plan on racing the car. maybe take it to track day events once or twice? but its mostly ever only going to be a weekend car and for fun. any suggestion is appreciated - what to buy, brands, etcc..

Currently this is my car:
2015 Evo X FE diamond pearl white
146xx miles
K&N Typhoon Intake
Soon to be installed Tomei DP, Straight Pipe, Exhaust and Cobb AP
Old Mar 19, 2018, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search, this cars been out for 10 years with a decade worth of builds. Search what your stock internals can handle, look at upgrade kits from map, ams, ets, Cobb etc, consult a tuner who will be working on your car. Full bolt on with a stock turbo you won’t see more than 340-350 on pump. Your next step should be a 3 port controller.