Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Resonated test pipe - AMS vs Ultimate Racing

Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Resonated test pipe - AMS vs Ultimate Racing

Is either better than the other? AMS uses a box-type resonator and UR has a traditional looking one. I feel like the UR will alow the gasses to flow smoother. I currently have a catted ETS TP but want to go with one that has no bends but resonated.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the difference is going to be pretty marginal to be honest, whats your down pipe and cat back? They will all match up regardless, some people like to keep the same brand for exhaust components. AMS is a quality product but at $100 more then UR i dont think you notice the difference with a test pipe. I have the ETS resonated test pipe and I think it is an excellent piece, i wanted the bends to keep factory type fitment going to the cat back. I wouldnt over think it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I ran UR for a couple of years and it was a great product. No experience with AMS but UR did have the flanges basically flake off after a year of constant salt on the road. the ETS test pipe I have now seems to be holding up better around the flanges. UR wasn't bad but it is worse than ETS for sure.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gazzer
I think the difference is going to be pretty marginal to be honest, whats your down pipe and cat back? They will all match up regardless, some people like to keep the same brand for exhaust components. AMS is a quality product but at $100 more then UR i dont think you notice the difference with a test pipe. I have the ETS resonated test pipe and I think it is an excellent piece, i wanted the bends to keep factory type fitment going to the cat back. I wouldnt over think it.
Currently have an ETS dump pipe, ETS catted test pipe and a 3" catback. I will be installing an HKS single exit exhaust in a couple of weeks. I figured while I was working on my new catback, I would just go ahead and swap the catted test pipe for a resonated one. I might go with AMS.

My car is currently tuned for the ETS catted test pipe. Does anyone know if I will have to retune for the resonated test pipe since I've eliminated the cat? I was thinking that since I have an o2 dump, I wouldn't really need to retune.