Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Turbosmart iwg spring selection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbosmart iwg spring selection

Many thread but with no luck. Wondering what springs to get for the turbosmart wastegate actuator. Two options, (18psi, 22psi).

MOD: Red spec turbo from Chris, 4" vrsf FMIC, uicp, licp, Map Cast Investment Manifold, Map DP recirculation, resonator tp, dual cbe, ets intake with Map 3" maf housing, ID1000cc, dw300c pump, flex fuel kit with tephra mod v3 on e85.

Stock clutch and long block. aiming for 450whp+ with low trq= stock block. (450whp doable)?

What springs should I go with (wastegate) and will the ID 1000cc support 450whp+?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I don't know much about flex fuel as it's nonexistent up here, and not many people are down to drive into a different country to get it. So I can't tell you if those injectors are enough, I am gonna say no but somebody with experience will need to chime in.

For the spring, I would do the 18psi just to give you more head room if there's an issue and you need to resort to less boost. If you have enough fuel you can definitely hit well over 450whp and keep torque in check and it will take it all day long. Hell even on pump gas you can get there safely.