Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

LED fog options?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED fog options?

Im looking for a full LED foglamp replacement option. LED bulbs will not cut it. Has anyone had success putting a Mitsubishi OE foglamp in there Lancer? Or a quality aftermarket option that works?
Old May 25, 2018, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
what is the goal??? i have factory HID headlights and im running LED fogs and they are brighter than the HIDs....

However check these out.... HID fogs My boy Deigo ran these in his GSR and they were great!!! plug and play setup

https://www.diodedynamics.com/fog-li...evolution.html

Here is his install and review video
Old May 25, 2018, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no bolt on application of you want a true led fog light it will have to be custom. If I ever plan on going that route I will update with results and possibly a diy
Old May 26, 2018, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

My goal is to have a more functional fog lamp that has the same Kelvin as the stock HID’s. I currently have Morimoto 2Stroke bulbs. Nice bulb but not what I expected. Against my better judgment I purchased them with hopes that they would be a controlled light. Instead I got dispersed light that illuminate the tops of 30’ trees. I’m now that guy they everyone hates.
Old May 29, 2018, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Projectjdm
There is no bolt on application of you want a true led fog light it will have to be custom. If I ever plan on going that route I will update with results and possibly a diy
I'm running direct "bolt on" or shall i say plug and play 6000K LED fogs on my MR. i have had zero issues with them and they have been on the car for a year... Here is the link.

https://www.xenonhids.com/fog-lights...t.html?i=vyXeG also, you want the Warning Cancellers / Capacitors on the EVOs...

Originally Posted by EvoOtto
My goal is to have a more functional fog lamp that has the same Kelvin as the stock HID’s. I currently have Morimoto 2Stroke bulbs. Nice bulb but not what I expected. Against my better judgment I purchased them with hopes that they would be a controlled light. Instead I got dispersed light that illuminate the tops of 30’ trees. I’m now that guy they everyone hates.
Check out the link i put above. I run these and have zero hate from anyone and they are as strong or stronger than my stock HIDs. Either way, i run these b/c i have night vision issues from some **** that happened overseas when i was with the Marines and these help so much that i can drive without any issues at all!!
Old May 30, 2018, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoOtto
Where did you get the Morimoto 2Stroke bulbs? I want to illuminate the tops of trees (i want to use them at night on tight mountain roads for better visibility as a supplement to the normal brights). I want the brightest possible as well without melting housing or damaging the car, thoughts?

Last edited by ddlopresti; May 30, 2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member