Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: What exhaust is most quiet?
T1R 76S
0%
ARK N-II
0%
Cobb CBE (Oval)
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

ETS Quiet V2 - Replacement

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ETS Quiet V2 - Replacement

Hi all -

I'm looking into getting a new exhaust for my 2011 Evo X GSR. Ever since getting a CBRD RBX7163 turbo kit, I have noticed some considerable drone in my cabin when driving on the highway. Here is my current mod list:
1. CBRD Intercooler and all piping
2. ETS Quiet V2 CBE
3. ETS Intake
4. ETS HFC
5. CBRD RBX7163 kit

I created a poll and based on what I'm reading, these are some of the quietest exhausts out there. These exhausts being the T1R 76S, ARK N-II, or Cobb CBE. I'd also consider talking to RRE or CBRD for a custom quiet exhaust. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I switched from ETS Quiet to Invidia and I have no drone at all. Its also Much, Much quieter.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks hotkupa. Has anyone had an experience worth sharing getting a vibrant or magnaflow muffler welded as a mid-pipe on an aftermarket turbo or cat back exhaust? If I go through with buying a new exhaust, I might consider this as another measure to quiet the exhaust down even more. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2018, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

I spoke few years ago to someone who added small Vibrant resonator before the muffler. He said that it made no difference.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have no experience with the others on the list, but I do have the Cobb cat back and like it. When cruising it is not much louder than stock and no drone.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 06:24 AM

I added a Vibrant resonator to the midpipe my ETS quiet since adding the ETS hfc made it a little too loud and drone quite a bit. The resonator gave it a deeper tone making it a little quieter in the cabin but didn't make a big improvement with drone. Wish it helped the drone more but it isn't as loud for my then infant son to ride in the car more comfortably. Now he's a toddler and falls asleep so easy with the exhaust note soothing him when going somewhere haha. It also took away some of the pops and crackles, which were cool but being in my late 30's I am glad to have something a little tamer now since it's my daily driver.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input everyone. I’m probably going to hold off for a while longer on making a decision. I don’t daily the car so it’s easier to deal with. Also, I’m noticing the drone is louder at higher elevations, so that’s part of the equation as well. I’ll let you all know what I do.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mar387,

I am in the market for the ETS V2 OR new V3 exhaust. Too bad we don't live closer or I would be willing to meet you, listen the the exhaust, and then buy it from you. Sadly, I live in AZ. I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

1. Did you ever have JUST the ETS V2 installed alone or did you install it along with the other mods? If so, how would you compare it to stock (overall loudness and drone)? Is it louder or quieter and if so, how much?
2. How was the fitment on the V2 after it was installed. Did it fit close to stock or was it longer/shorter?
3. When you DO make a decision on a new exhaust, could you keep me in mind because I'm looking to get a catback exhaust but I don't want something LOUD. I just want something a little more aggressive than stock without waking the neighborhood.

Thank You.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hotkupa
I switched from ETS Quiet to Invidia and I have no drone at all. Its also Much, Much quieter.
Overall, how do you like it? I'm looking for vids on YouTube but only see BRZ and Subaru vids. No Evo. I see you say it's quieter. Does it have a deeper tone? I'm interested but don't want to speed $1,000 for an exhaust that doesn't sound too much different than stock. I would prefer a deeper tone without being loud and annoying.

Thank You,

Landon
Old Jun 11, 2018, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LandoCommando
Mar387,

I am in the market for the ETS V2 OR new V3 exhaust. Too bad we don't live closer or I would be willing to meet you, listen the the exhaust, and then buy it from you. Sadly, I live in AZ. I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

1. Did you ever have JUST the ETS V2 installed alone or did you install it along with the other mods? If so, how would you compare it to stock (overall loudness and drone)? Is it louder or quieter and if so, how much?
2. How was the fitment on the V2 after it was installed. Did it fit close to stock or was it longer/shorter?
3. When you DO make a decision on a new exhaust, could you keep me in mind because I'm looking to get a catback exhaust but I don't want something LOUD. I just want something a little more aggressive than stock without waking the neighborhood.

Thank You.
Hi Landon -

1. My first round of modfications was just an ETS intake and the ETS V2. I got it tuned right after install. At that point, I'd say it was louder than stock but not considerably. It's a bit tough to say because I did that work about 5 years ago.
2. The fitment of the exhaust is great. No issues what so ever. I originally had the ETS V2 installed with the original Evo X catalytic converter and then upgraded to the ETS HFC. Both of which gave me 0 issues outside of having to replace gaskets.
3. Yeah, I will definitely update this thread if and when I upgrade the exhaust. Keep in mind I have a BorgWarner 7163 turbo (CBRD RBX 7163 kit) along with full boltons and inter cooler upgrade. After the turbo upgrade was when the car became louder. I think it is more tame on stock turbo noise wise.

Last edited by mar387; Jun 11, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
odd.. I had an ETS Quiet on my MR before I sold it and got no drone at all. I also thought it was quiet but sounded good during WOT.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
odd.. I had an ETS Quiet on my MR before I sold it and got no drone at all. I also thought it was quiet but sounded good during WOT.
Upgrading the turbo, manifold, and down pipe make a difference though.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ETS units sound amazing! However if you dont like your car to sound like a competition car RRE would be a very good choice.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Add dynamat to doors and trunk - save 900 dollars