Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuel Filler Issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Fuel Filler Issue

Hey Guys,

I have been searching for info on this but it seems very hard to find the right search parameters and/or find pertinent info. But from what I can tell, I am not alone in experiencing this issue. If you have had this same problem, please chime in, regardless of whether you have found a solution yet or not.

The issue I am having is that I cannot fuel my car at full speed at the pump. It's as if there is something restricting the fuel from entering the tank at full speed and the fuel backs up the filler neck and triggers the auto-stop on the pump. So i have to sit there holding the pump handle halfway or less filling my car slow as ****.
Filling my tank now takes about 3 times longer and is a pain in the ***. I am prepping for E85 and in doing so I am going to have to fill much more often, so i need to get this sorted.

Thanks in advance to those with info/solutions/suggestions.

--Zerg
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:09 AM

Bump

halp meh plx
Old Aug 9, 2018, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
There may not be anything wrong with your car, but rather with the pump suction system. I've found that if the tank is very empty, you can experience that on occasion. Simple fix = just stop for a second and pull the pump away from the car to release some pressure, re-press/insert and begin filling once more. It will only need to be done like once or twice then should be good going forward. Those things are hyper annoying.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 02:26 PM

this happens at all pumps, and stopping, removing pump head and replacing again just produces the same problem.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 02:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
There might be something wrong with your roll-over valve. There is a valve on top of your gas tank that displaces air as the the tank is filled with fuel. It also lets air in as you use up the the fuel to prevent negative pressure in the tank. The vent line itself could be clogged. The valve shuts in the event of a roll over to prevent fuel from feeding a car fire and burning everything to hell quickly.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 07:47 PM

so I have found that holding the pump sideways actually somewhat fixes the issue, it makes it not as bad. I can almost get a halfl tank without a shutoff with the pump handle at the 3 o'clock position.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:48 AM

I’ve actually had the opposite issue twice,

sometimes it just keeps filling till it over flows, so annoying....

I feel like your issue may be the pump? Or is this happening at every gas station regardless of where you are?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:46 AM

every station, every pump.