Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

15 evo x gsr 30k mile warped rotors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 08:34 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
to make things even more fun, the fsm actually calls for the rotors to be cut on the car with an "on-the-car type brake lathe". I've never done this, and run out hasn't been a problem for me, but its there in the manual so if they didn't do it you could call it out.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
So, the FSM calls that out because there is a 1/100,000 chance of that being needed. Most cars don't need it done. If it needed done, brake judder/shudder/vibrations would be immediately apparent, they wouldn't take any number of miles to start happening.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
So, the FSM calls that out because there is a 1/100,000 chance of that being needed. Most cars don't need it done. If it needed done, brake judder/shudder/vibrations would be immediately apparent, they wouldn't take any number of miles to start happening.
totally agree, like i said its never been a problem for me. Just thought OP might be able to use it as leverage in his current situation.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 03:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really appreciate all the contribution here, got a few hundred miles on it again and so far, so good!

I'll be sure to use those install instructions for my case if the brakes continue going bad.

Ready for snow!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:34 AM
kaj

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Good luck, man. There's been so many "weird" issues with cars, on this board, lately. Yours is the last to be fixed.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 04:06 PM

Sooooo, dang. Brakes are shuddering again, same deal, about 500 miles of daily driving on 2nd set of new brembo rotors since October 2. I'll need to call Mitsubishi again Monday and arrange for a new dealer...****. I wonder what the hell is going on here, curiosity matching frustration.

the recent invoice, dealer says I'm on my own now after 2 attemps.

Last edited by Evn2rzn; Nov 10, 2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 05:06 PM
kaj

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Assuming the dealership follows the FSM, I'm stumped. Hopefully you figure it out asap.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Evn2rzn
Sooooo, dang. Brakes are shuddering again, same deal, about 500 miles of daily driving on 2nd set of new brembo rotors since October 2. I'll need to call Mitsubishi again Monday and arrange for a new dealer...****. I wonder what the hell is going on here, curiosity matching frustration.

Pretty sure thats not how warranties work, something about lemon laws, I dunno but a call to corp might be in order.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evn2rzn

Like I said, I had been getting similar issues. I've been on the new Centrics, old re-bedded Girodisc Magic pads and new front hubs/bearings. I replaced the OEM fronts on both sides with Timken bearings. No Shudder yet about 600 miles in. Also, I notices overall the front end feels smoother. I replaced the Tie rod ends at the same time. Since you keep getting the issue, perhaps take my step and replace your front hubs/bearings next. I'd like to believe the dealership followed the FSM and used the grease. It is possible it's a bad run of rotors, but I got it from Centrics twice and the OEM are Brembos once. Does Brembo use centric as a supplier for rotors?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 08:14 AM

I've been talking with Mitsubishi, just got off the phone with a rep, now the dealer denies I was even there now, no record. I guess they'll enjoy explaining my 11/1 invoice and loaner vehicle receipt in person. Meeting a rep there at the dealer on the 27th, I'll have this thread on stand by. Thanks again.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I hope everything works out for you. If you don't work on your own car, i'd say you got a decent deal on dealer installed Brembo brake parts from a dealership.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 08:56 AM

Back in the loaner, heh it's got s-awc! I drove the mitsu rep and mechanic this morning, we're all stumped, the grease comes with the brembo pads and was used, seems like it was all done by the book. We should know hopefully by tomorrow what the issue is. Rep says he deals mostly with brake noise so the shudder is very curious.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
they stripped a lug nut peg?? the stud?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:35 AM

Yes the tech said it stripped when they took the wheel off. I've had lug nuts rolling around my driveway in the dirt as an idiot teenager and I've never seen it happen any other time but whatever.

The dealer just called and ordered new front hubs and bearings and rotors, should have the car back by Friday. If the hubs and bearings are bad I don't see how that could be possible, car has never even been tracked or driven hard. Really hoping that it works tho!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
i've never heard of that before from taking the wheel off

Quick Reply: 15 evo x gsr 30k mile warped rotors