Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Flashing Check Engine light problem

Old Nov 15, 2018, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Also just a suggestion, but if you're unsure of the car and it's setup, and you have that trip coming up, I'd bite the bullet and take a rental. If it goes south on the trip then you're really in the ****z. Just something to consider. Saving a few bucks now could cost more later...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see why youíd recommend getting it pro tuned but I donít have a tactrix cable or evoscan so those to things right there come out to like $200 with shipping to Canada plus the $450 for the tune vs getting an accessport second hand for like $250 where I can also actively have on my dash monitoring my car. A buddy of mine who lives in the area has nearly the same mods on his evo and is doing just fine on a Cobb map.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 07:22 AM
AJV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It sounds like you are set on getting a Cobb regardless of what people are suggesting. People are convincing you not to get one but you are convincing yourself to get one.
Good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you read my previous post?

Originally Posted by AJV View Post
It sounds like you are set on getting a Cobb regardless of what people are suggesting. People are convincing you not to get one but you are convincing yourself to get one.
Good luck.
Agree get it tune
Old Nov 16, 2018, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Hey experienced guys I wanted to do XYZ what do you think?

Bad idea bro.

Sweet Imma do XYZ what's wrong with that right?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 09:34 PM

Update

Ive listened to your advice and purchased the stuff I will need to get an e-tune.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Devinv1337 View Post
Update

Ive listened to your advice and purchased the stuff I will need to get an e-tune.
Awesome man post up when you get things sorted on how the car drives. Nothing like a properly tuned EVO!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 03:20 PM

^ YES that!

Whoever mentioned heat shield, that's a false observation. It's a knock sensor telling that tune is not good. Car was most likely put to stock without reverting to stock tune. Get the car pro-tuned or flash stock tune.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 04:29 PM

So Iím not sure why I never listed my mods in the first place so Iím gonna do so now, in case anyone one might have any other ideas as what else it might be.

Catback exhaust
aftermarket downpipe
Aftermarket test pipe
ETS intake and hard pipes
tial BOV
GS 3 port boost solenoid
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

It's not a mystery.Your tune needs adjustment. Your car was enabled with this light to blink when knock occurs. Knock occurs because of the tune. No mystery here.Contact Chet Rickerman and he will get you sorted out.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Lol you're going to **** yourself when you drive it with a proper tune. Chet is a great resource as well as others mentioned - get it sorted and enjoy!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 03:17 PM

Iíve heard about how good his tuning is from everyone and luckily he was having a Black Friday sale when I decided to go with him. I canít wait till I can start tuning.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Devinv1337 View Post
Iíve heard about how good his tuning is from everyone and luckily he was having a Black Friday sale when I decided to go with him. I canít wait till I can start tuning.
From flashing error lights to a Chet tune lol. Man, I wish we could see your face when you punch it once dialed in rofl.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 03:23 PM

Yep, once you are all set, you will never ever want to drive an untuned Evo.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 02:45 PM

I start tuning on Sunday, but I did some data logging and I got a knock count of 14 whilst logging on evoscan, could a knock count this high be just the result of a bad tune? Or could there be another underlying issue here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.