Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

MAPerformance Evo X Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
MAPerformance Evo X Catch Can

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you guys know about a new product that we're putting into development at the moment! We decided to produce a Catch Can to compete with current offerings on the market, after countless hours of figuring out how to make the system most beneficial to you guys as the end user we found the best location to be the Coolant Reservoir in terms of looks and ease to access for any kind of maintenance to the can.

I know one thing that's been brought up from time to time is the overall capacity, this is the reason that we decided to go billet because it allowed for us to have a larger capacity in comparison to the sheet metal ones that we had mocked up, even though it's billet we are able to keep the costs down and price it very aggressively against the current offerings on the market which means it will fall in line with what's already out!

There will be an internal baffling system as well as a petcock style drain to make it easy for you to access and drain out, we also have added a vent on the coolant side of the can that will allow for the coolant to breath if it gets too hot which will help prevent premature head gasket failure due to the coolant not being able to breath anywhere.

Here at Modern Automotive Performance we've always preferred the stealth look so it will be a black anodized offering, but we are actually exploring the potential for other color offerings, the only thing we're waiting on right now is the final setup for the lines so we can get these beauties out to our product testers for final validation on functionality.

Stay tuned for more information! Or if you have any questions please feel free to let me know! My direct email is MLutton@maperformance.com

Old Feb 22, 2019, 07:18 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Matt,

I know I asked on instagram but would you guys consider an option to have the breather re-cirulate into the intake like the Driven Fab Air Oil separator?
I'm using their AOS but would gladly switch to your unit if it has the re-cirulation option. The placement of their separator below the intake manifold makes
it a PITA to empty.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Any thought about how to check coolant level for the reservoir? Maybe a vertical sight glass (or plastic) tube?

https://www.zoro.com/ldi-industries-...-1/i/G1214141/
Old Feb 22, 2019, 05:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there a estimated time frame for when these units will be available and will you be offering a group buy deal?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GeminiEvo
Is there a estimated time frame for when these units will be available and will you be offering a group buy deal?
anyone?