Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Won't start. Seeking insight.

Old Mar 15, 2019, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Can you gentlemen clarify this for me please.

maperformance has a TSB linked showing this below. It shows 4 relays being replaced. Then a popular forum shows earlier Evos needing a separate relay replaced. I have a 2015.. should I do all 5 of these? What havea you all been doing? Its not about the money.. its more about not doing something I shouldn't. What has everyone done? Thanks.

I'd just do all 5
The following users liked this post:
CaptainCrunch (Mar 15, 2019)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTJ View Post
I had the exact same thing happen at 43k miles on my 2013 MR. I called the dealer and planned to get it towed.

Heres what I was instructed to do and it worked perfectly.

Get in the car and hold the gas pedal to the floor. 100% pinned down, not half throttle. When the ECU sees 100% throttle, it will shut off the injectors and let the gas clear the cylinders. After cranking it for a few seconds, stop, give it a sec, and then start it normally.
THANK YOU! Great stuff for the future! Did you ever change out the relays afterwards?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
I'd just do all 5
Thanks. How often do you do yours? The parts site every 6k miles. Seems excessive, no?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Thanks. How often do you do yours? The parts site every 6k miles. Seems excessive, no?
I think that's if you run the car hard with a lot of high power mods. I did it maybe once within 32k of owning the car from new? Sorry don't own the evo anymore just like to help others still in the game
The following users liked this post:
CaptainCrunch (Mar 17, 2019)
Old Mar 17, 2019, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
I think that's if you run the car hard with a lot of high power mods. I did it maybe once within 32k of owning the car from new? Sorry don't own the evo anymore just like to help others still in the game
Gotcha. Your help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.