Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x project

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x project

Hi sirs.
I have in mind to make a project. My cars is JDM. i want to converter to manual but in Spain i don,t see any 5 speed used for sale.
If you know some guys that sell one could you write me??
Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Too many differences, much cheaper to sell your car and buy a manual.

Good luck if you try though especially where you are it would be tough!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
It's been done before but those who have been successful bought a full front clip from the same model year, ECU and all. There are minor pinout changes from year to year and form EDM/JDM/USDM models as well that will stop you dead in your tracks. I know that in some countries importing a car is hugely expensive so I can understand why you might want to go this route. I'd try to find a GSR clip from Japan if I were in your shoes and weigh the cost against finding a manual car locally.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Too many differences, much cheaper to sell your car and buy a manual.

Good luck if you try though especially where you are it would be tough!
Hi sir, i understand to you about sell it and buy a manual but is hard to sell here a MR in red in my country. Also i donut have any reprogram ECU for use in MR car so i think is a interesting solution.
Our idea is convert to manual and put a MOTEC engine and dif. ECU.
I have a Mitsubishi list with part that i need and the most expensive part that i need really is a new gearbox. Also we are going to convert to RS dif. rear and front. Is will be a really rally car but use in street and some time in circuit.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by splattj
It's been done before but those who have been successful bought a full front clip from the same model year, ECU and all. There are minor pinout changes from year to year and form EDM/JDM/USDM models as well that will stop you dead in your tracks. I know that in some countries importing a car is hugely expensive so I can understand why you might want to go this route. I'd try to find a GSR clip from Japan if I were in your shoes and weigh the cost against finding a manual car locally.
In Europe i can to buy from Germany or Swirtzeland a manual version about 18000-20000USD or RHD from UK in 18000USD. So i think is more cheap manual conversion.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 08:41 PM

you guys are making this way too complicated.

it's honestly no big deal - you need to reflash the ECU with a GSR program (bench flash) and you need to re-flash the Etacs coding (use etacs explorer).

All Evo ECUs have the same pinout.

There are engine harness differences but the chassis harness can be left in place. Just add the connectors and wires to the engine harness for the gear position switches.