Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X General
Reload this Page >

Beatrush engine roll stopper turns the Evo X into an insanity-inducing NVH machine

Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Beatrush engine roll stopper turns the Evo X into an insanity-inducing NVH machine

 
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:02 PM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
 
Lightsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: GTA, Canada
Posts: 591
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Exclamation Beatrush engine roll stopper turns the Evo X into an insanity-inducing NVH machine





I just have the Beatrush engine roll stopper installed. The noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) coming from this is insane, lol. My experience definitely differs from previous reviews.

Pros:
  • The engine roll stopper augments the engine note by transferring it into the frame. The engine sounds better and the car, more like a racecar.
  • It adds an order of magnitude more NVH, which is actually within the upper bound of being bearable if most of your driving is highway or on empty roads.
  • It makes the engine note louder.
  • It completely eliminates the 5MT transmission's difficulty of shifting into low gears.
Cons:
  • The NVH when idling is excessive to me, especially in my steaming pile of a city where I easily get stuck in stop-and-go traffic for an hour or more.
  • The loud idling drone and massage chair give me constant sweats and headaches in city traffic.
  • The vibration causes new rattles everywhere, from doors, interior plastics, and the subwoofer cover to inside the dashboard, and even glass.
Previously my Evo X was having noise and exhaust leak problems, and I correctly assessed that the engine roll was excessive. Today the mechanic noticed that the OEM front engine mount's (the one that Beatrush engine roll stopper replaces) center bolt is missing. It must have rusted or something, later loosened by the engine's rolls, and eventually flew off the car. It turns out that this is the real reason behind the excessive engine rolls.

Well, my plan is to change is the front engine mount back to OEM, and with the new bolt, hopefully I can find a middle ground where there is not too much NVH while the engine rolls are properly bounded.
Lightsaber is offline  
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:30 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Metal_AF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber View Post




I just have the Beatrush engine roll stopper installed. The noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) coming from this is insane, lol. My experience definitely differs from previous reviews.

Pros:
  • The engine roll stopper augments the engine note by transferring it into the frame. The engine sounds better and the car, more like a racecar.
  • It adds an order of magnitude more NVH, which is actually within the upper bound of being bearable if most of your driving is highway or on empty roads.
  • It makes the engine note louder.
  • It completely eliminates the 5MT transmission's difficulty of shifting into low gears.
Cons:
  • The NVH when idling is excessive to me, especially in my steaming pile of a city where I easily get stuck in stop-and-go traffic for an hour or more.
  • The loud idling drone and massage chair give me constant sweats and headaches in city traffic.
  • The vibration causes new rattles everywhere, from doors, interior plastics, and the subwoofer cover to inside the dashboard, and even glass.
Previously my Evo X was having noise and exhaust leak problems, and I correctly assessed that the engine roll was excessive. Today the mechanic noticed that the OEM front engine mount's (the one that Beatrush engine roll stopper replaces) center bolt is missing. It must have rusted or something, later loosened by the engine's rolls, and eventually flew off the car. It turns out that this is the real reason behind the excessive engine rolls.

Well, my plan is to change is the front engine mount back to OEM, and with the new bolt, hopefully I can find a middle ground where there is not too much NVH while the engine rolls are properly bounded.
Ehh if you are getting sweats and headaches sitting in traffic... you still might have an exhaust leak problem. How long have you had the new mount? I have the TS and it took a couple weeks to break in, and I had to re-tighten it down a couple times right after the install.
Metal_AF is offline  
Old Jun 25, 2019, 05:33 PM
  #3  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
 
Lightsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: GTA, Canada
Posts: 591
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Metal_AF View Post
Ehh if you are getting sweats and headaches sitting in traffic... you still might have an exhaust leak problem. How long have you had the new mount? I have the TS and it took a couple weeks to break in, and I had to re-tighten it down a couple times right after the install.
Haha I actually kept recirculation on. The vibration is just so excessive to me, much more so than the real racecars I have driven. I can understand why some people would enjoy the Beatrush engine roll stopper, but looks like it's not for me.
Lightsaber is offline  
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:03 PM
  #4  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SoCal (San Fernando)
Posts: 93
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I looked up the durometer rating for the beatush front mount you got and its a 90A. Which might be the problem haha. if you got the torque solutions that Metal_AF has or even the AMS inserts, those are rated at 75A. not too soft and not too hard.
Blue_Lion is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Metal_AF (Jun 25, 2019)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:42 PM
  #5  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
 
Lightsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: GTA, Canada
Posts: 591
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Lion View Post
I looked up the durometer rating for the beatush front mount you got and its a 90A. Which might be the problem haha. if you got the torque solutions that Metal_AF has or even the AMS inserts, those are rated at 75A. not too soft and not too hard.
Great info! I checked their website and there is the front mount only version and a set of 4 version. I will go back to OEM for now as my Evo X is a daily driver. I should have tried the Torque Solution ones instead of blinding favoring JDM.
Lightsaber is offline  
Old Jun 26, 2019, 04:08 PM
  #6  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SoCal (San Fernando)
Posts: 93
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber View Post
Great info! I checked their website and there is the front mount only version and a set of 4 version. I will go back to OEM for now as my Evo X is a daily driver. I should have tried the Torque Solution ones instead of blinding favoring JDM.
Check out MAP performance. They have much more options. https://www.maperformance.com/collec...s/evo-x-global
front, rear, both front and rear, front and two side mounts, rear two side mounts.
Blue_Lion is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.