Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Beatrush engine roll stopper turns the Evo X into an insanity-inducing NVH machine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Exclamation Beatrush engine roll stopper turns the Evo X into an insanity-inducing NVH machine

I just have the Beatrush engine roll stopper installed. The noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) coming from this is insane, lol. My experience definitely differs from previous reviews.

Pros:
  • The engine roll stopper augments the engine note by transferring it into the frame. The engine sounds better and the car, more like a racecar.
  • It adds an order of magnitude more NVH, which is actually within the upper bound of being bearable if most of your driving is highway or on empty roads.
  • It makes the engine note louder.
  • It completely eliminates the 5MT transmission's difficulty of shifting into low gears.
Cons:
  • The NVH when idling is excessive to me, especially in my steaming pile of a city where I easily get stuck in stop-and-go traffic for an hour or more.
  • The loud idling drone and massage chair give me constant sweats and headaches in city traffic.
  • The vibration causes new rattles everywhere, from doors, interior plastics, and the subwoofer cover to inside the dashboard, and even glass.
Previously my Evo X was having noise and exhaust leak problems, and I correctly assessed that the engine roll was excessive. Today the mechanic noticed that the OEM front engine mount's (the one that Beatrush engine roll stopper replaces) center bolt is missing. It must have rusted or something, later loosened by the engine's rolls, and eventually flew off the car. It turns out that this is the real reason behind the excessive engine rolls.

Well, my plan is to change is the front engine mount back to OEM, and with the new bolt, hopefully I can find a middle ground where there is not too much NVH while the engine rolls are properly bounded.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber

I just have the Beatrush engine roll stopper installed. The noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) coming from this is insane, lol. My experience definitely differs from previous reviews.

Pros:
  • The engine roll stopper augments the engine note by transferring it into the frame. The engine sounds better and the car, more like a racecar.
  • It adds an order of magnitude more NVH, which is actually within the upper bound of being bearable if most of your driving is highway or on empty roads.
  • It makes the engine note louder.
  • It completely eliminates the 5MT transmission's difficulty of shifting into low gears.
Cons:
  • The NVH when idling is excessive to me, especially in my steaming pile of a city where I easily get stuck in stop-and-go traffic for an hour or more.
  • The loud idling drone and massage chair give me constant sweats and headaches in city traffic.
  • The vibration causes new rattles everywhere, from doors, interior plastics, and the subwoofer cover to inside the dashboard, and even glass.
Previously my Evo X was having noise and exhaust leak problems, and I correctly assessed that the engine roll was excessive. Today the mechanic noticed that the OEM front engine mount's (the one that Beatrush engine roll stopper replaces) center bolt is missing. It must have rusted or something, later loosened by the engine's rolls, and eventually flew off the car. It turns out that this is the real reason behind the excessive engine rolls.

Well, my plan is to change is the front engine mount back to OEM, and with the new bolt, hopefully I can find a middle ground where there is not too much NVH while the engine rolls are properly bounded.
Ehh if you are getting sweats and headaches sitting in traffic... you still might have an exhaust leak problem. How long have you had the new mount? I have the TS and it took a couple weeks to break in, and I had to re-tighten it down a couple times right after the install.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Metal_AF
Ehh if you are getting sweats and headaches sitting in traffic... you still might have an exhaust leak problem. How long have you had the new mount? I have the TS and it took a couple weeks to break in, and I had to re-tighten it down a couple times right after the install.
Haha I actually kept recirculation on. The vibration is just so excessive to me, much more so than the real racecars I have driven. I can understand why some people would enjoy the Beatrush engine roll stopper, but looks like it's not for me.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I looked up the durometer rating for the beatush front mount you got and its a 90A. Which might be the problem haha. if you got the torque solutions that Metal_AF has or even the AMS inserts, those are rated at 75A. not too soft and not too hard.
The following users liked this post:
Metal_AF (Jun 25, 2019)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue_Lion
I looked up the durometer rating for the beatush front mount you got and its a 90A. Which might be the problem haha. if you got the torque solutions that Metal_AF has or even the AMS inserts, those are rated at 75A. not too soft and not too hard.
Great info! I checked their website and there is the front mount only version and a set of 4 version. I will go back to OEM for now as my Evo X is a daily driver. I should have tried the Torque Solution ones instead of blinding favoring JDM.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber
Great info! I checked their website and there is the front mount only version and a set of 4 version. I will go back to OEM for now as my Evo X is a daily driver. I should have tried the Torque Solution ones instead of blinding favoring JDM.
Check out MAP performance. They have much more options. https://www.maperformance.com/collec...s/evo-x-global
front, rear, both front and rear, front and two side mounts, rear two side mounts.