Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New 2015 Evo X Owner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New 2015 Evo X Owner

Hello, good to see a forum for Mitsubishi owners..

new owner here I am a noobie/rookie..

Would I need a tune for ETS Intake, HKS Bov, & ETS V3 extreme cat back once installed?

Thank you in advance
Old Jun 4, 2019, 08:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Alright @mnevofe0116

Great to have you join us on the boards

Absolutely on the tune for those noted changes. Hoping the BOV is set for recirc vs vent to atmos

Welcome, Joe
Old Jun 4, 2019, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the reply Joe!!

I'm not quiet sure yet, I ordered it from MAPerformance.. the HKS SQV4 for EVO X BOV.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:35 AM

Maybe I should just put on my ETS V3 catback and Intake, and don't tune yet for now.. and gather up my bolts on and put on the BOV + other bolts on then go tune later?

Or is that a pretty bad idea as well..
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
You will need a tune with the intake.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MNEVOFE0116,

I read your post and HAD to chime in. To answer your question about a tune, Yes you would need tune if you did an intake. If you just did a catback exhaust, you wouldn't need a tune. With that being said, I would also suggest to WAIT until you start tinkering with your car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the powertrain warranty on the Evos is 5 years or 60K. Since you got a 2015, your warranty SHOULD last until next year unless you've already hit 60K. I suggest just driving the Evo "as is" and gathering up parts so you have them all ready as soon as your warranty expires. To each their own, but I just don't see why people buy cars with warranties and then void those warranties on day one. Hey, its your $$$ so if you have the money to cover the costs of repairs, go for it. If not, then hold out. What "I" did with my Evo, was spend money on cosmetic mods and other performance mods (Coilovers, Drilled/Slotted rotors, LED lights, new shift knob, aftermarket stereo, etc). Those are mods that will make your Evo look great so if you do end up doing the power mods later on, the look of the Evo can match the power its putting out. Just my opinion. If you do decide to add power, make sure you check to see if your local Mitsubishi dealership is "mod friendly". Some dealerships will be more forgiving with mods and others will try to screw you over for ANY mods (even just an intake) you have done.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
First of all, welcome!! Post some pics so we can see!

Like others have said, you’ll need a tune for the mentioned parts.
If i were you I would wait and gather the parts that I want that way I’d only have to tune once and save money. Also, Theres a member in the forums selling a shifting package that I would highly definitely recommend. It’s a night and day difference with how the shifting feels. All in all I would honestly enjoy the car and learn the characteristics of it in stock form. It’s crazy good out of the box to begin with. Your car. Your plan though. We’re all just here to help! Good luck!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I would say go back in time and learn about the car a bit before throwing parts at it. Enjoy but get a tune!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey! Congrats on the car!

Yeah, everyone here looks to have already beat me to it. You will definitely need tune for the parts in question and it is a good money saver to hold off, get everything you want and then do all of the tunes and installs at once to save on re-tune fees. Most of the people I have met with EVO's all do aero, wheels, and suspension mods to really personalize there car to what they want. Im sure your car is going to turn out great! Post pics soon so we can see that beauty.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
welcome to the evo world. your stock BOV/BPV is fine. no need to buy the hks pshwhistle thing rather get the ETS UICP instead. but, its your car, do what you want. but yes, you will need a tune.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:54 AM

Yo guys!

Thanks alot for the feed backs!

I made 306 Torque/ 302 WHP @ 26.7 PSI. Mustang Dyno @ RS Motors in MN Burnsville!!

I can definitely feel the big love and big difference from this car.. I appreciate everything fellas!