Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car sat for a month - now no boost :-(

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car sat for a month - now no boost :-(

Car is fully built with custom fuel setup and a gtx 3582.

The car hasn't run in a month. I jumped it today and took it for a drive. I drove it calmly for about 20 mins then decided to get on it a little harder.

When I get near 4.5 - 5k rpm (usually where the boost starts) it kind of hesitates. It seems like it's quickly building boost and releasing over and over really quickly causing the car to jerk back and forth. Obviously I let go of the pedal before causing and damage. I waited a few minutes and tried it once more to confirm and the same thing happened. I havent had time to get out and take a look at anything yet but I'm just asking if there's anything in particular I should look for first? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2019, 02:58 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You should probably check all the intercooler piping couplers to see if any have blown off, as well as the other misc. hoses. A boost leak test would be ideal.
Old May 22, 2019, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^That's definitely on the list. I dont expect to find anything though b/c the last time I took the car out I remember a little spirited driving a few mins away from my house and didn't have any problems. How many things can happen just from having the car sit there for a month? Besides the completely dead battery.
Old May 28, 2019, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Do you hear the boost trying to build? Check the turbo inlet? Maybe the car is sucking in more air from another spot besides the filter and the MAF isn't happy because of the extra air it's not metering.

Check intercooler piping, "could be" the BOV is stuck, although probably not.

Where was the car sitting? In a garage? Outside?
Old May 28, 2019, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Also could check the FPR hose. Just search for a pic of it if you don't know where it is. It's located on the intake manifold.