Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

No Muffler Heat Shield Safe?

Old May 27, 2019, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Muffler Heat Shield Safe?

I installed my Corsa catback a couple weeks ago and during the install the heat shield (sheet of aluminum) that sits under the trunk/spare tire area and above the muffler fell out. I tried to reinstall it but A) the holes for the bolts are rusted through where they're too large and B) trying to add washers to the original bolts is next to impossible due to rust (ripped one off trying to reinstall and now there's a tiny hole in my trunk). Is it safe to continue running it this way without it or should I really go through the extra trouble to find a way to re-install it?
Old May 27, 2019, 05:41 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 812 Likes on 776 Posts
Well, you may get some heat transfer from the exhaust?

I dont have any experience running w/out the shields so cant really say for sure. Theres got to be way to get that securely in-place using other methods? (clamps, metal tie wraps etc)
Old May 28, 2019, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If you want to keep extra heat out of the cabin then use DEI exhaust wrap. I've had great results with it. Otherwise there's not much harm that can come from not having that heatshield.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.