Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ID1050 injectors not seated

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snafufx

SOLVED - Kind of. So got back from travel last night and opened the 1050 injectors from MAP that I was told were the same as the ones not sealing. Completely different injectors, stamped 1050X including same part number, everything. Maybe I bought an early batch or something crazy. Install went perfect with plenty of room to seat them flush. Started the car, AFR right at 14.7, vacuum 18.3. Let her warm up a bit and drove her about 10 miles, pulled over to check things out and no leaks, no cabin gas smell. Did a couple WOT pulls and AFR right on point. On e of these pics are side by side and you can tell the angle and size are completely different. Never got a response from ID but there has to have been an early batch that came out. If anyone had any issues, please check your 1050X injectors and make sure you have the ones with the blue o-ring on the top and body mostly looks like plastic. I can't believe how much of a pain something this simple was. Hope thsi helps someone out there if they run into these issues. Thanks again for responses and help!

I have the same one I installed them wit the ams fuel rail when I started it
it makes a lil noise like clicking like a diesel truck
only can hear from inside with the window closed