Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ID1050 injectors not seated

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ID1050 injectors not seated

So I got my parts installed and tuned and noticed there was a faint smell of gas in the cabin. I had 1050 injectors as well as Asnu330 fuel pump installed along with other parts (MHI 18k build). I started looking at everything and noticed my injectors are not fully seated. There was no gas leaking luckily but I guess this enough to emit some gas odor. One injector I was able to wiggle into place, but the first and last injector still has this gap of the injector showing. I know I'll have to remove the fuel rail, but it doesn't look like I have much room to wiggle the first injector into place. Any hints on what to do to get this to work? I'm thinking about shaving the side so it'll fit correctly. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 1, 2019, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mine are paired up facing into each other.

Also, your connectors look a little bigger than the oem ones?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply, I might have to do the same this weekend. I went with plug and play adapters so it might be that. Ever since I wiggled one down to seat flush the smell of gas is gone. Now that I found this I'm still going to reinstall those.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Last edited by snafufx; Jul 8, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Last edited by snafufx; Jul 8, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a better pic of cyl4. They are all flush. I'm not using those pnp adapters, and these are ID1700 injectors.

Are you sure your fuel rail is straight/flat? These injectors fit with the oem fuel rail too, but you might get some extra space with an aftermarket fuel rail?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Really weird, it's not the fuel rail side. It's pouring here but when it lets up I'll snap some pics, basically the only way to position the injector in cylinder 4 is sliding the injector plug towards passenger side like yours. Even with the injector alone the plug was resting against the bolt housing on intake manifold so unable to connect plug and play or just the solder option cap on without raising the injector out of the housing. If the injector base was a few mm longer, it would fit with no issues. Still waiting on response from ID on if mine are some older version or something.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

I actually have plenty of room in between there. I no longer have my oem rail so I can't compare them, but maybe the radium rail is raised up and angled out of the way a little more. I didn't have the problem you are running into when I had the ID1700's coupled with the oem rail, but also didn't have those pnp adapters either.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I got everything back together but still a gap. Maybe the Radium fuel rail might help, if it does tilt more it'll make an easier fit. Thanks for your help on this, kind of at a loss unless I'm overlooking something. As you can see in the pics, cylinder 4 injector plug hits against the valve cover as well as the intake manifold bolt even after I shaved some off. I'm hoping either someone here can point me to which ID1050X is the current version because I don't want to gamble and spend 520.00 on new injectors. It isn't leaking and maybe I'm just being **** but I'd prefer to have it sit flush like it supposed to be. I also noticed the plug and play adapters and solder in plugs are same exact size, so neither will work in this case.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 09:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i think its fine to seat it in an angle so you can tuck those wires but check the gap because i had to trim the fuel spacer... i think idx run shorter and i had to trim my spacer this is what i had before
The following users liked this post:
snafufx (Jul 14, 2019)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for suggesting trimming spacer. I go on travel this week so hopefully by Saturday I'll be set. Greatly appreciate the responses!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by snafufx
Thanks for suggesting trimming spacer. I go on travel this week so hopefully by Saturday I'll be set. Greatly appreciate the responses!
its either you trim the spacer or buy a bunch of washer till it fits perfect
Old Jul 19, 2019, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

SOLVED - Kind of. So got back from travel last night and opened the 1050 injectors from MAP that I was told were the same as the ones not sealing. Completely different injectors, stamped 1050X including same part number, everything. Maybe I bought an early batch or something crazy. Install went perfect with plenty of room to seat them flush. Started the car, AFR right at 14.7, vacuum 18.3. Let her warm up a bit and drove her about 10 miles, pulled over to check things out and no leaks, no cabin gas smell. Did a couple WOT pulls and AFR right on point. On e of these pics are side by side and you can tell the angle and size are completely different. Never got a response from ID but there has to have been an early batch that came out. If anyone had any issues, please check your 1050X injectors and make sure you have the ones with the blue o-ring on the top and body mostly looks like plastic. I can't believe how much of a pain something this simple was. Hope thsi helps someone out there if they run into these issues. Thanks again for responses and help!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

The bad ones were labeled: "1050.48.14.14B.4" ?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...injectors.html , sorry don't want to clutter this info.