Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Locked Out. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Locked Out. Please Help

I've looked everywhere for answers on this but can't find anything. I have an 11 evo x with regular keys. No FAST key. Batteries on both my keys work fine went to unlock the car remotely(with the buttons) nothing worked. Car battery is obviously dead. Now i go to unlock manually sticking the key into the lock on the drivers door and can turn it both left and right but it will not unlock. I didn't think that the locking mechanism was fully electronic on these cars..... thinking maybe the pin fell off from the latch or something? Anyone know if you just can't get in to these cars when the car is dead? Any ideas on why the key wouldn't unlock the car. Trying to find a way to get into the car without using the wedge to try and pry the door open and unlock it that way to prevent damage. Is something malfunctioning with my locking mechanism on the door itself? or is it purely an electronic lock? Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I can get into mine physically using the key with the battery completely disconnected. When you turn the key, do you feel/hear anything unlock?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:52 AM

nothing at all. just turns left and right. assuming the latch is malfunctioning and i'm **** out of luck. is it possible to get to anything if i jacked the car up and removed the undertray and connected a charge somewhere to give it enough juice to unlock electronically?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Well, you could roll the dice try a locksmith for like $50-$70ish, swap battery and see if the mechanism starts working again. OR you could assume the worst, drill-out the lock, swap the battery and go to the dealer to repair the door. Probably just be better to grab a locksmith.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, a locksmith could use airbags to pry the door enough to get a tool in and toggle the physical switch by the handle. If the driver's key isn't working, it might be safer to do a passenger door.

Last edited by splattj; Jul 10, 2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:22 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Same thing happened to my dad with his BMW (e53, bad battery). Turns out the spring inside the cylinder broke and he couldn't get into his truck. Ended up calling a lock smith.

Maybe something fell apart/broke inside the door.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 05:44 PM

Ended up removing the under tray and hooking up a charge to the starter. gave it enough juice to use the key remotely and walaaaa. was a royal pain in the *** but it saved my doors from potential damage. Thank you all for the replies. i will be taking the door card off shortly to check out the locking mechanism. maybe some pins came lose.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gally
Ended up removing the under tray and hooking up a charge to the starter. gave it enough juice to use the key remotely and walaaaa. was a royal pain in the *** but it saved my doors from potential damage. Thank you all for the replies. i will be taking the door card off shortly to check out the locking mechanism. maybe some pins came lose.
Nice outside-the-box solution there. Assume you have an MR?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 03:49 PM

nope gsr
Old Jul 19, 2019, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gally
nope gsr
Well I learned something today. So the clutch switch completes the circuit to the starter.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I've never been in a situation like this, but I happen to have lost the key. I also did not know what to do, I was advised to contact the locksmiths. It was a long way to take everything to the dealer, and I didn't have enough time for that, so I turned to a locksmith. We were able to program a new key, so now everything works well. To be honest, I was very afraid that my plans would be disrupted because of this breakdown, yet such incidents cause a lot of inconveniences. Try also to contact a locksmith https://www.guaranteedlocksmith.com, at least you will know for sure whether they can help you or not.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called locksmith alexandria and they has helped me programming a new key.