Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anyone in Germany ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in Germany ?

Hey what’s going on!

I’m moving to Germany and I’m taking my EVO X with me. I have full bolt ons and I don’t have the stock parts. I bought a tomei silencer for the decibel req. I removed the windows tint and the car meets the height req, but I don’t have a catalytic converter.

Is my car going to fail the German inspection because I’m running straight pipe (no cat)?

Anyone in Germany that can give me some info or help me pass the inspection?

thank you.

Old Feb 14, 2021, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck!
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 138 Likes on 92 Posts
Juli10: The on post inspections are rigorous, but mainly focus on safety (1.6 mm tread depth, no leaks, tires within wheel wells, windshield defects, etc). I understand they do test for sound, but can't confirm they look for a cat. I failed for tires once on my first go with a stock car. If I were you, I would find a 200 cell cat and swap it in before the inspection to eliminate that issue. Swap it back out post, if you desire. I'd guess overall pass rate for Americans is like 60% on the first visit...so they look at a lot!

Also note, there do off post roadside checks regularly...generally Americans are not held to the same standard, but there are cases where you receive tickets and can also confiscate your car! The Germans typically don't modify their cars outwardly to stay under the radar. Their TUV process actually allows modifications if you have them certified/inspected and documented. On post inspections are not TUV's.

We have an Evo 5 we are working on and it is far from stock...previous owner TUV'd them all. Still apprehensive if it will pass...

Good luck is right!